And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »

In money news I've had a nsd and have two bids on eBay:j. So far I've made £11.49 so I don't think I'll be retiring just yet:p.

£11.49 overpaid is £11.49 you'll never pay interest on again :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    £11.49 overpaid is £11.49 you'll never pay interest on again :D.

Indeedy:D:j:j:j.
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Struck down with a nasty tummy bug so have limped through the day feeling very weak and feeble :(

A nsd and nothing eaten so at least it's thrifty:p

Off to bed feeling very sorry for myself:(

PP xx
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Struck down with a nasty tummy bug so have limped through the day feeling very weak and feeble :(

A nsd and nothing eaten so at least it's thrifty:p

Off to bed feeling very sorry for myself:(

PP xx

Oh no. Feel better soon. I hope the children don't take advantage of you.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You poor thing! I hope the really early night helps you.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Thank you both, you are kind and its much appreciated. Sooooo much better today, must've just been one of those nasty 24 hr things thank goodness:) Have taken things at a slower pace today and cancelled tonight's class as I'm not 100% and haven't eaten much.

In money news I have bids on four eBay items and watchers on others, less than 24hours to go now, exciting! In a fit of enthusiasm I've listed 7 more items which is quite time consuming and quite dull so its going to have to be little and often I think :p

The agent has confirmed a move in date for the new tenants so I'll be just over two weeks without rent which is much better than I'd feared. They are also paying an extra £25 pm and paying 6 months in advance:j. Putting that in my os account will be £60 less mortgage interest over the six months than if they paid monthly and every little helps:D. The only thing I've had to insist on is that the agent pays me after the 6th of April so its taxed in the right tax year or I'll be paying 40% tax on it :eek:

The return of some energy has resulted in some successes:)

Germ wars complete - bedroom aired (sunny day :j), bed changed and everything I've used has gone through the dishwasher so hopefully I won't have given it to the kids.

First laundry of the year line dried:j and tonight's load drying on the airer in front of the wood burner

Ds's college application done

Tomato and lentil soup made (was all I fancied) and the kids had Thai curry and hm naan from the freezer. Don't half appreciate that batch cooking when plans get thrown off course :D

Dd has hoovered, dusted and mopped the floors :A

Got two birthday presents out of my sale bargain stash and cards from card factory offer ready for tomorrow and Monday. Thrifty and no hassle. Will definitely do my gift shopping in the January salkes going forward.

Filed receipts, statements and wage slips.

Off for a herbal tea and an early night.

Happy hump day to you :)

PP xx
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Pleased you are feeling lots better Pinky.

I put laundry out on the line today too, it mostly dried, which is fab, here comes spring & happy hump day.

Wish
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Pleased you are feeling lots better Pinky.

I put laundry out on the line today too, it mostly dried, which is fab, here comes spring & happy hump day.

Wish

Thanks Wish :)

Line drying is so much nicer than soggy washing everywhere isn't?
    Roll on spring:p xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    A quick one from me as I'm jiggered and Ive got an early start in the morning:(
    Today has been a good day with stomach settled and energy levels back to normal.
    I have mid month money news! I've sent my boxes to Music Magpie and 7/10 eBay items sold so that's nearly £75:j. I also claimed £1.37 TCB and £5.44 account rewards :D:D. I know this is small potatoes compared to some of the incomes some amazing folks achieve but I'm rubbish when it comes to generating income so I'm quite chuffed.
    I've parcelled everything up which was a bit tedious but its done. Also with the exception of one thing, everything I so!d I'd bought secondhand to start with :money:

Sadly,I've also been a bit spendy:eek:

£32 petrol
    £20.12 weekly food shop:j
    £16.96 on gifts ( some right bargains in Aldi including leather gloves down to £2.99 )
    £7 cs :o ( an unneeded but lovely Wallis blouse, a stainless steel flask for ds to take to work, footed cake stand (Xmas cake size :)),a box set of Marguerite Patten war time cook books (well chuffed with these:)) and a speculative purchase of a Laura Ashley occasion dress that is not in my size but is lovely and immaculate and will be going on EBay in the spring for considerably more than the £2 I paid for it:). I need a side income and I love a cs rootle so this may allow me to make a few quid out of a hobby. I'll try a few things and see.

Off to bed now. Happy near!y Friday:)

PPxx
  • Noodle99
    Options
    Hi! I'm new, and have just read your diary! Your grocery savings are amazing! I was just wondering how easy tcb is to use, and is it worth signing up? Do you make much from it? Thanks. Noodle.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback