What small DFW things will you do w/c 5th November?

Options

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that Brown_eyed_girl. How thoughtless :(
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • merida88
    merida88 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    natlie wrote: »
    I'm vegan and try to avoid all arguments all the time :) I don't eat grass as I really enjoy the taste of my food. I do get sent lots of meat pictures on social media - bacon and steak usually. As I'm not a fighter I tend to ignore them and block these days. Maybe this particular vegan is just hangry

OH and I confirmed meat eaters... but that is weird and rude behaviour! I don't think being hangry has anything to do with it! I don't eat dairy as it brings me out in rashes, I'd be deeply peeved if someone kept sending me pictures of milkshakes. Infuriating!
    Hi everyone :wave:

Feeling pretty rubbish today :(. Visited family yesterday who dropped into conversation that they had all made alternative plans for Xmas, despite accepting an invitation from us back in May! Feeling quite hurt tbh as this would have been the first Xmas that DH and I hosted for my family (we’ve been together 12 years), as well as DS’s first Xmas. I’ve spent the whole year putting aside additional savings to make it a lovely Xmas and traded all my survey points for supermarket vouchers/gift cards to pay for all the food. Don’t think they realise how upset they’ve made me, but cried about it to DH once we got home last night :(

So...trying not to be too disheartened, and I guess I can now use the vouchers for everyday shopping and make some savings that way.

Hugs - poor you, how thoughtless of them! But you could a) cash in your savings on everyday bits or b) have the most luxurious and decadent christmas ever :D (not very mse, sorry all, been back five minutes and making trouble)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Oooh, what thoughtless people, Brown-eyed girl. You know what? Bloody sod 'em! You concentrate on making Christmas a lovely few days for yourselves & your son. Why not? Uou've even saved the money x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    merida88 wrote: »
    b) have the most luxurious and decadent christmas ever :D (not very mse, sorry all, been back five minutes and making trouble)

I like the cut of your jib :D
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Monday Savers,
    A really productive day today:
    *Overnight laundry on heated airer.
    *Baked a granary loaf.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Dinner in slow cooker - smoky beans & sausages. Home made rice pudding ready to go in the oven.
    *Updated budgets & moved funds around to keep different pots straight.
    *Sorted out the Christmas presents we bought at the weekend & ticked them off my list.
    *Bought nearly all remaining gifts online using £40s worth of vouchers from surveys & loyalty points to help with cost.
    *Posted 4 ebay sales.
    *Listed 10 more ebay items.
    *Entered a prize draw.
    *Wrote a letter using recycled A4 envelope plus stamps from my stash.
    Mr f is just making finishing touches to his bonfire. We haven't bought fireworks but we like a good bonfire & we're using the opportunity to get rid of an old piece of furniture & numerous other donations from the man cave that is his half of the shed.
    Enjoy your evening all,
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    So sorry about your news browneyed_girl. Sounds all quite thoughtless - but I agree with the others - make it your best Christmas ever without them. My Christmas this year will be my first as a single parent with just me and the kids and I'm looking forward to starting new traditions and making new memories.
    In other news, my washing machine has broken :cry::cry::cry: Just 2 short weeks after I had to replace my fridge freezer, and no - I didn't buy them at the same time. I've tried all my usual filter cleaning and emptying but it still won't drain properly. I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed and hopeless about my situation. As well as not being able to get my divorce settlement done, in the 7 months since we split up I've had to deal with a collapsed floor, leaking sink, retiling the wall, new fridge and now the washing machine as well. On top of solicitors costs and reduced household income. I will be ok because I always am but it's a bit much for me to deal with at the moment. I haven't got the capacity to process anything else.
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    oh CCL, so sorry, last thing you needed at the minute I know.
    BrownEyed, I'm not surprised you're annoyed.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Feeling pretty rubbish today :(. Visited family yesterday who dropped into conversation that they had all made alternative plans for Xmas, despite accepting an invitation from us back in May! Feeling quite hurt tbh as this would have been the first Xmas that DH and I hosted for my family (we’ve been together 12 years), as well as DS’s first Xmas. I’ve spent the whole year putting aside additional savings to make it a lovely Xmas and traded all my survey points for supermarket vouchers/gift cards to pay for all the food. Don’t think they realise how upset they’ve made me, but cried about it to DH once we got home last night :(

So...trying not to be too disheartened, and I guess I can now use the vouchers for everyday shopping and make some savings that way.

Sorry to hear this Browneyed_girl :( My family behaved in a similarly thoughtless way on occasion, and I remember the hurt, even though it was a long time ago now. Perhaps you could use the money you have saved for something special, or even a little holiday for you, your partner and child?

In other news, my washing machine has broken :cry::cry::cry: Just 2 short weeks after I had to replace my fridge freezer, and no - I didn't buy them at the same time. I've tried all my usual filter cleaning and emptying but it still won't drain properly. I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed and hopeless about my situation. As well as not being able to get my divorce settlement done, in the 7 months since we split up I've had to deal with a collapsed floor, leaking sink, retiling the wall, new fridge and now the washing machine as well. On top of solicitors costs and reduced household income. I will be ok because I always am but it's a bit much for me to deal with at the moment. I haven't got the capacity to process anything else.

Sorry to hear this CCL, I really hope things pick up for you soon :( It is awful when loads of bad things seem to happen one after another.
  • browneyed_girl
    Options
    Thank you everyone for messages - you are all so lovely! I should have you all round for Xmas instead!!
    merida88 wrote: »
    Hugs - poor you, how thoughtless of them! But you could a) cash in your savings on everyday bits or b) have the most luxurious and decadent christmas ever :D (not very mse, sorry all, been back five minutes and making trouble)

Merida - DH has voiced the same idea of splashing out just for us and the children (he’s furious on my behalf) since we never treat ourselves. He’s already eyeing up craft beers and cheese boards :rotfl:
    DawnW wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this Browneyed_girl :( My family behaved in a similarly thoughtless way on occasion, and I remember the hurt, even though it was a long time ago now. Perhaps you could use the money you have saved for something special, or even a little holiday for you, your partner and child?.

Dawn - it is horrible isn’t it? I’ve tried to justify their behaviour (after all, they didn’t know how hard I’ve been working towards it all year) but I’m not sure I can! And this is on top of the fact that my dad still hasn’t taken the time to see his new grandson, who is now 5 months old! :mad: He only lives half an hour away and has had multiple invites :mad::mad::mad: I do think a few days away might be just the ticket :) Will mention it to DH when he gets back from work.

CCL - I’m astounded by what you’ve had to deal with recently, but well done on getting through it :T You may not always feel like you’re coping or able to process it as it’s happening, but you’re still here and fighting - nobody can ask for anymore than that! Does rather put my woes to shame - it inspires me to stop my whining and plan something fantastic instead! :think:

Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone. Hugs to all! :grouphug:
    Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship.
    Debt at highest = £62,842.59 (Dec 2018) - now £44,611.39 (Oct 2021)
    Emergency fund £268.63 / £1000
    NSD October Challenge 8/12
    NSD target Sept-Dec 2021 17/50
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 November 2018 at 10:29PM
    Options
    Thank you everyone for messages - you are all so lovely! I should have you all round for Xmas instead!!

You do know that there have been 543 views of this thread already?! Could get crowded....:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure