Puppy doing too much poo?

Options
I have a 4 month old border terrier and I have fed her Alpha sporting puppy food as used by the breeder. She eats it very well so no problem there. I am giving her 120g a day which is at the lower end of the recommendation. She is however doing about 7-8 poos a day. I have read up about this and it seems that a change of food to a better quality food but need help with which one. Wainwrights, james Wellbeloved, Harringtons? Or they all similar? It seems to be about the amount of "filler" in the food. Advice welcome.

Comments

• aylesby
    aylesby Posts: 461 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 16 January 2019 at 12:55PM
    Options
    Have a look at this data base. I used it to find Essentials which I am happy to buy 25kg a time mail order.

https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/the-dog-food-directory

I have set filters to your details if they copied ok. Do not overfeed your puppy.

There are 7 pages of results at 20 to the page. See if you recognize names you can buy locally.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Choose a food that has a high percentage of meat content and no fillers like cereal, beet pulp etc.

The website quoted above will give you ratings for each food- the higher the rating the better.
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do the poops look and smell well formed/ normal/ healthy? If you are at all unsure take the puppy and one of their poops to your veterinarian.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport