III New Website

Comments

• economic
    economic Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    Is the research on their website you can log into any good?
  • tfc
    tfc Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have migrated from iii, and this is what I have found.

1. Website generally not so easy to use. A number of things but for example - Click on any major menu item, wherever it is positioned, and the dropdown appears on the right hand side; can't set alternative funds view as a default; slow to respond option buttons; window scroll bar hides text. It needs a good usability test and shakedown.

2. Reply function not working in Secure Messages

3. Text in Sent secure messages just a mass of words in one block, even splitting words between lines e.g. as split into a on one line s, on the next. Very Difficult to read.

4. Export/Download formats in UTF-8 BOM format, and no other option. Watch out for strange characters in your .CSV files if you are using them in 'old' software such as Excel 2000.

5. NO automatic dividend reinvestment in funds. That was the response to my query 'Why does the dividend reinvestment page tell me that I have no eligible investments?' This is a big problem for 'saver' mode users using funds.

6. Dividends received split into several parts (max of 3 splits seen so far on one fund)

We were told there would be exciting new features in this 'new' system. I can't see anything new, just things that are removed, more difficult to use or just don't work.

I do know that multicurrency accounts have been introduced. However, you can't use them to invest in foreign funds, AND they are hobbled in that you have to pay the ii spread to get the currency into the account, or else keep a foreign currency account in your own name elsewhere to be able to pay in. (Payments will NOT be accepted from Currency Exchange companies.)

Overall disappointing. Lack of dividend reinvestment on funds (for me) makes me start to look for another provider.

If I could have the 'old' iii system back I would jump at it. It may have been a bit clunky, but it was reliable, and had all the features I needed for UK funds. The only thing that was missing was proper statements.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,160 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Sent messages look OK to me and Reply seems to work, at least the message is in the Sent folder.

One limitation compared with the old ii interface - dividend pay away is all or nothing. And you cant access the facility from the website - you have to send a secure message.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tfc wrote: »

I do know that multicurrency accounts have been introduced. However, you can't use them to invest in foreign funds,

Please could you explain this. If you have (say) 1,000 Euro in your multicurrency account and you attempt to use this to buy a Euro-denominated security, what happens?
  • economic
    Please could you explain this. If you have (say) 1,000 Euro in your multicurrency account and you attempt to use this to buy a Euro-denominated security, what happens?

I have a II account and i have invested in US stocks with USD settlement. So it can be done. I also transfer USD currency from my USD bank account to II so i save on the extortionate fx conversion fee.
  • Angry at them not migrating my historic transactions. I need these ASAP.
  • economic
    Why are some sites with iii.co.uk url and other ii.co.uk url?
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    economic wrote: »
    Why are some sites with iii.co.uk url and other ii.co.uk url?
    iii is ye very old site, which morphed in to the current ii. Can't recollect what the old three 'i' company used to be called. I think the current Interactive Investor words have always been there.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • Can anyone figure out how to change your payment date for regular investments.

My date for funding is stuck on the 22nd and now ii regular investments are on the 20th!
  • goRt
    goRt Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    iii is ye very old site, which morphed in to the current ii. Can't recollect what the old three 'i' company used to be called. I think the current Interactive Investor words have always been there.

The third i was international

Message history missing, past 3 months to be migrated over the next few weeks.
    Which is awkward as I'm part way through yet another formal complaint started in Aug/17. iii happily admits that it gave no warning on the loss of history - it can explain that in the next formal complaint!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure