13»

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    With respect "So What ?"
    The OP has their desired outcome
    JumbleBumble

Because the oven was fine. Just not of the sort the OP was used to.

Having the indended outcome is not what this site is about. Is is about being fair to customers.

Alls oven vary. have you ever read cooking instructions that say adjust to your oven?

Still it was very different and not what the OP expected. They obviously were not prepared to radically alter their cooking methods to work to the oven and given the labaling it is probably reasonable for a refund. but in the end they did not look into the profuct enough and just assumed which means they were not due a refund. Currys are not the most reasonable of companies so are just doinf this here becuase the OP is loud and it is easier. All this does is make it harder for the next customer with a legitimate problem. Definatly not a win for consumers.
  • After your initial silly error, your were very fortunate that curry’s had also made a silly error. The difference between a conventional gas oven and a continental one is substantial, so you were entitled to have it replaced.

Yes, exactly this. I was never looking for sympathy as I know it was my mistake, but I expected an oven that cooked food properly for the amount of money we paid out.
  • Carrot007 wrote: »
    Because the oven was fine.

No, no, no - the oven was not fine. Not sure how many times I have to say but it didn't work properly. Maybe spend a load of money on a continental oven and see whether you start to agree with me? Or even better come round and il cook you dinner - we're stuck with it until next week.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The oven didn't work - what should I have done?
    Earlier you described the oven as working perfectly well, just that you were unused to cooking with that particular equipment.
    "So What ?"
    The OP has their desired outcome
    Indeed. But this forum is concerned with Consumer Rights, not simply haranguing retailers into giving in despite there being no valid complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure