Unused Extended Warranty

niall_kay
niall_kay Posts: 17 Forumite
Hi All,

I have recently accepted a job offer which has the benefit of a Company Car - however I currently have a car with outstanding finance which I will need to sell.

I purchased the car in May 2017 from Fords of Winsford on a 5 year HP agreement which I have had no problems with.

I will now need to sell/end the finance agreement and understand that there will be a deficit (We buy any car showing £10,500 and my settlement figure being £11,800)

My question however revolves around Extended Warranty - I also purchased 3 years additional extended warranty with the car, I was told this would cover me for the life of the agreement as the car still had manufacturers warranty until 2019.

The Manufacturer Warranty according to a quick google lasts for 3 years/60,000 miles which has not yet been reached - the extended warranty should be due to start in March when the car hits 3 years old from when it was registered (as it is still under the mileage threshold).

Is there a way I can get a refund (or some sort of cancellation) for this unused extended warranty?

It would help lessen the gap between the cars current value and my settlement figure.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 January 2019 at 6:23PM
    I would think not but do check your warranty policy and read up on the cancellations section just incase.

Actually if its the Ford Protect Extended Warranty for New Cars they do offer pro-rota refunds less admin charge, cant seem to find the Used Extended Warranty wording though.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    as fow wont be new
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure