III New Website

Options
I was going to post this in the old III thread where we have all lambasted them for their shortcomings, however perhaps there should be a fresh start because....

The new site looks good at first glance. Much better visually, more modern looking, with access to Morningstar Portfolio Tools and just altogether much more joined up.

A couple of things look a little odd. My funds download in 'ticker' order rather than alphabetical by name, and I haven't worked out how to get historic transactions (maybe me).

Anyway let's hope this is a long thread about all the things they get right in the future.

Comments

• Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I agree it looks good. I have sent them messages asking about historic transactions and setting up dividend oay away.
  • anselld
    anselld Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Trivial improvements at four times the cost in my case.
    I dread to think how long it will take to produce a tax certificate after a mid year platform change and without any transfer of transaction history.
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    They seem to have moved everything to their new platform when they said they would.
    All my ISA and SIPP account information is correct.

Congratulations for getting it all working - I'm sure a lot happened behind the scenes over the weekend!
    :beer: :j :beer:

Lack of transaction history is only a minor issue for me as I have everything recorded in my spreadsheet.

Now to play with it for a bit and work out which buttons to press! :D
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • EdSwippet
    EdSwippet Posts: 1,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Imnoexpert wrote: »
    ... I haven't worked out how to get historic transactions.
    I found my old documents and trading history within 'account' > 'document history', by selecting 'Migrated Documents' from the 'Document Type' selection menu.
  • Linton
    Options
    EdSwippet wrote: »
    I found my old documents and trading history within 'account' > 'document history', by selecting 'Migrated Documents' from the 'Document Type' selection menu.

Thanks. This contains a full annual Statement upto April 2017 and subsequent trading contract notes. However there isnt any cash transaction data after the end of the annual Statement until the last weekend when the new system started.
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    .... and the "new" platform is the existing TD platform, isn't it!

TD had "refreshed" this just before they were taken over.
  • Linton
    Options
    Message from ii:
    Thank you for your secure message dated 10 December 2017.

Your historical data is in the process of being migrated on to the new
    platform. We expect this to be complete by Wednesday. I am sorry for any
    inconvenience this may cause.
  • silvermum
    Options
    Doesn't look too bad so far... I was also slightly panicked at having lost historical data, so hopefully that will be forthcoming asap.

Some slight irritations about the SIPP : my employer pays in during first week of the month, so given the timing of the changeover, no payment was made for Dec. However I've just read something that says that all employer contributions will now be collected on 1st month, so I am going to have to find some way of getting them to pay extra before April!
    Also, SIPP holders, BE AWARE, it looks as if we have to re-submit Expression of Wishes forms to the new provider....
  • aguy187
    Options
    I've only had a brief look, some things I've found so far:

1) Major red flag. They want specific characters from my password, showing the password isn't (and presumably has never been) stored securely.

2) The site looks more modern, but I've never liked Web 2.0. I can look at whitespace by staring at an empty desktop, I want the most information possible in the page to save having to click around. Yes, something like the old portfolio is there but there's a giant blue banner across the most important part of the screen telling you about the new portfolio. The actual holdings are shown as a minor inconsequential part of the page.

3) History is gone, as mentioned above, though % gains and losses aren't, showing previous trade info has been migrated in some form.

4) Dividend reinvestment is turned off now by default, but you wouldn't know as neither portfolio view shows what the current settings are.
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    aguy187 wrote: »
    1) Major red flag. They want specific characters from my password, showing the password isn't (and presumably has never been) stored securely.

How can you infer that? What's to stop them storing each character separately and securely?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure