Cheery's country living adventure

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    No ride on mowers here KC! Not yet, anyway :rotfl: I am persisting with my scythe and pushalong mower and cows until the grass is up to my eyeballs and then I might do something else :rotfl: :rotfl:

Banks and a bit of shuffling yesterday after payday on Friday. For the first time since we moved I've actually managed to allocate £200 to savings! :eek: :j :j :j Of course, it's not the end of the month yet and this is me allocating for *next* month so it might all go wrong...

but I've also been saving about £75 a month towards LPG - and it turns out I can just do that by direct debit monthly rather than as a lump sum. This is roughly the right amount - but it does mean I've got £245 sat in a pot there that I'm not going to need. Might add that to the savings too - it alarms me when I don't add to them :o Especially as we're going to be spending a large chunk at some point soon :eek:

Anyway, the sun is shining, and having been running around all weekend (with various cheery things, and friends, but still running around in a manner not-always-of-my-choosing) I am taking an impromptu day off :D :j :j :j

Already feeling like I should have got out of bed earlier to get more things done :eek: :o :rotfl: But I'm up now, and I have a date at the cafe with Mr Cheery at 10am :j :j

Off to scythe a path through the field to the veg bed before the grass dries out too much :j And then I need to make a plan - I took the day off because I actually want to get some stuff done at home so I need to tick some things off! :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Well I enjoyed my cheery impromptu day off :j

Me and Mr Cheery had breakfast in our new favourite cafe - £6.70 of the Treats Budget well spent :j

Then we nipped into town and did a round of the charity shops - it was like the old days, when we lived within walking distance of ten of them and whizzed round most weekends :D Picked up a few bits - small plastic tubs for taking snacks to work for 20p, a book that will be useful for work for 50p, Mr Cheery got a couple of super bargainous 50p guitar straps...

Nipped into W@itrose to check their reduced fruit as we were passing - got a couple of beads of brocolli reduced to 29p, and an assortment of other things - enough to stop us having to drive to the other supermarket :j

Spent a couple of hours whacking the heads off dandelions to stop them billowing their seeds out all over the farmer's fields... Burying them in a water butt to make a nice stinky dandelion fertiliser for the veg :j

Mr Cheery built a fence so we were able to open the gates for the cows to get into the rest of the fields :j Of course they weren't remotely bothered and just stayed exactly where they were :rotfl:

Found a little metal fire grill thing that we'd forgotten we had so we tested it out by setting fire to things and made a nice cup of tea outside :j

Made a lovely chick pea stir fry for tea and remembered Mr Cheery had turned my failed inedible loaf into breadcrumbs so I sprinkled some of them on with some cheese and wanged it under the grill :j

Between that and the local duck eggs I had for lunch with (reduced) oatcakes and (reduced) spinach I feel like I've eaten very well today! :j

Fell asleep on the sofa so quite tired and a bit groggy now :rotfl:

Back to work tomorrow but at least I'm at home and it's a three day week followed by a five day weekend so all cheery :D
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Oh and I did another prolific survey so I'm now at about £16.50 - I'll cash out at £20 to avoid fees so will hopefully make that this month. Most annoyed that there was a £3 survey just sat there and I couldn't do it because I couldn't find a pair of headphones! Gah! :rotfl:

Hey ho. Spotted an email about a secret survey today so will do that tomorrow instead - that should take me up to about £9 in there too I think so I'll cash that out this month too :money:
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh and I did another prolific survey so I'm now at about £16.50 - I'll cash out at £20 to avoid fees so will hopefully make that this month. Most annoyed that there was a £3 survey just sat there and I couldn't do it because I couldn't find a pair of headphones! Gah! :rotfl:

Hey ho. Spotted an email about a secret survey today so will do that tomorrow instead - that should take me up to about £9 in there too I think so I'll cash that out this month too :money:

Sounds like a lovely day Cheery. If you use circle you can cash out any amount on pr0lific for free. Very simple to use :D
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Thanks PF - I do indeed use circle but I thought the lower limit was £20? That's why I was waiting - but it's quite possible that I've got in a muddle :D
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,897 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Totally with you on next mortgage being one you can OP in dribs and drabs - I read enviously of people being able to do such things!

Meals sounded delicious yesterday, as did the setting fire to stuff to make a cuppa :D
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree! And I'm hearing a lot recently about reduced goodies in Waitrose - thats my nearest supermarket now, but it's right by the train station, the doors are 20 yards apart, and I'm not sure how it'll be. I might start experimenting with a little early evening walk :)

Hope you're having a good day, Cheery.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    thanks themadvix :D I certainly don't normally eat like that :D but you've reminded me that I've got the leftovers of tea to have for my lunch today :j

Been up early and scythed a path through the field to the veg garden this morning :j Makes it look like I left the rest of the field deliberately, rather than just being lazy :rotfl:

we finally got round to putting a load of stuff in Freegle yesterday :j Just stuff we found in various outbuildings - some grim plastic garden furniture for a start :rotfl: I would have rescued it but Mr Cheery can't stand the stuff (and I admit it does look vile). Various other bits and pieces - got some people coming today to collect some of it (although one has already cancelled, pah!)

Right, best get on...
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Oops, cross posted there KC - W@itrose do certainly seem to do some good reductions :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Up to £18.71 on Prolific now :j :j

I did just check though and sadly cash out is only free above £20

'Our initial payment threshold is only £5 (with a fee). If you want to minimise fees, then wait until you have accumulated £20. By doing so you will avoid fees if you're in the UK/US by cashing out with circle. Below that amount, circle cash outs are charged 1% + 10p fee.

PayPal cash outs are charged PayPal's 2.9% + 20p fee.'

I know it's only a small fee - but it's still mine ;):D Will definitely be done by the end of the month - and it might have even cashed out by then too :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback