Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LindA.
    • By LindA. 6th Dec 18, 9:50 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LindA.
    Baxi boiler with salus remote control
    • 6th Dec 18, 9:50 PM
    Baxi boiler with salus remote control 6th Dec 18 at 9:50 PM
    Hi, Does anyone have any ideas? I have a boiler and it is coming on by itself. This is very annoying and very expensive at this time of the year.
    I have replaced the batteries in the remote, and checked the settings, does anyone have any other suggestions please?
    cheers
Page 1
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 7th Dec 18, 8:48 AM
    • 3,986 Posts
    • 2,530 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 7th Dec 18, 8:48 AM
    • 7th Dec 18, 8:48 AM
    What model boiler and what model Salus thermostat.
    Is the boiler a combi or do you also have a hot water tank.
    Has the hot water tank (if you've got one) got a thermostat on it.
    Is there a separate time switch or controller fitted to the system.
    Are there any motorised valves in the system.

Have you checked that the thermosta has off sequences programmed as well as on. Many Programmable stats dont actually have on/off sequences but only vary the temperature at different times of the day.

It's an easy mistake to forget to programme the last function of the day to turn the stat down to say 15 degree or even less so the system doesn't call for heat overnight
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
    • dom2599
    • By dom2599 12th Dec 18, 6:12 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    dom2599
    • 12th Dec 18, 6:12 PM
    • 12th Dec 18, 6:12 PM
    I had a similar issue a few years back, i changed the frequency on the thermostat and controls (wireless) and this resolved the issue. Must have had something local affecting it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,769Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin