Company doesnt believe product is faulty - wants to send it back

Bought a macOS ASTRA Shortcut Logickeyboard from Logickeyboard direct - they are based in Denmark, me in the UK.

Here is a video of the keyboard not working, just before sending it back

https://youtu.be/t27i7I-zJFo

After 2-3 wake from sleep scenarios, the keys do not register - the backlit works and usb hub works.

I returned it to them at a cost of £17

4-5 days after they received it, they said the following:

“We have received the keyboard and we have had a chance to test it over several days (both short and long over night sleep mode) and we have not been able to recreate the error you describe. I am sorry. The keyboard was tested on a Mac mini (late 2014) running macOS High Sierra. And after that a MacBook Pro also running macOS High Sierra. And the keyboard worked fine after waking up of sleep mode several times on both machines.”

NOTE - im using a 2010 MacPro and running 'el capitan' macos - neither of which they mention - they have not tested it on the same hardware / software as I.

So basically they are saying i am a liar - because they themselves couldnt replicate the issue.

NOTE - ive since bought a Logitech KB k740 Windows keyboard which works fine, so clearly its not a problem with my Computer. Also, other keyboards work fine too.

What exactly do I do? Could trading standards do something if the company is based in Denmark?

Comments

• bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Calling you a liar? Get over yourself, they're saying they can't replicate the issue, those are two completely different things.

They will trade under Danish law so any action you take would need to be using the same law. UK TS can't help.
  • steveOooo
    steveOooo Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post
    They are not using the same hardware / software that im using - not my problem they cant replicate the issue.
  • LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    steveOooo wrote: »
    They are not using the same hardware / software that im using - not my problem they cant replicate the issue.

It is your problem though! Do the Danish Company claim it is compatible with the hardware/software your using?
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Alright then well good luck in the Danish court.
  • steveOooo
    steveOooo Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 13 July 2018 at 11:58AM
    wow so salty..
    Here is said keyboard

http://logickeyboard.com/shop/macos-astra-shortcut-3546p.html

"Compatible with Mac OS 10.6 and later versions"

Im using Mac OS 10.11 on a 2010 MacPro (desktop workstation)

They have tried to replicate the issue on Mac OS 10.13 and on different hardware (mac mini - small desktop and a macbook pro - a laptop).

Why is it my problem? Keyboard faulty - send back 'oh no its not, here, take it back'

How is wanting to send it back to me, them not believing me and that its faulty?
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,967 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    steveOooo wrote: »
    It is though, which is why you're here.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2018 at 4:10PM
    Do you really expect a company to have one of every single brand and specification computer just to be able to test anything on the exact same setup as their customers? That would be physically impossible.

They have tested it on two different systems and it has worked fine therefore it is more likely to be a problem with you're computer or something installed on it causing a compatibility issue.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2018 at 11:35AM
    How about uninstalling the driver then reinstalling it? Sorry, not terribly techie at all but this worked when my printer inexplicably stopped working.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Keyboard doesn't work on your hardware

Keyboard works on other hardware,

Ergo problem is with your hardware not the keyboard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills