Major overhaul of Sky Sports has cost me money

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Batlord wrote: »
    what annoys me is that my package last year was £82 (had talk & BB too) so rang up to try and get it down. They actually said it should be more but could still do a deal...a pound off. So cancelled talk & BB and got it down to £49.50. Loyalty is a swear word to them...will ring them when I've got spare 6 hours - looking at their FB page, that's how long the queue is!

I think the 6 hour wait someone mentions there is for the live chat, the wait time on the phone is a week next Tuesday.
  • brewerdave
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    I've found the same thing in the final bill of my discounted 12 months. The September bill includes all agreed discounts, the October bill should be between the full discounted amount (£28.60) and the full amount (£71.50) but is actually showing as £80.75 !! Looks like "they" have cancelled the old Sports package and put me on the new, and in the process, co*ked up the discounts.
    I've been on the phone and on messaging - neither have really given an explanation but both insist that it will update correctly after the payment for Sept. is taken!! I'll wait and see:eek:

As expected, the future bill for October is STILL incorrect after the Sept. payment has cleared.:mad:
    On the phone again to SKY this morning -after a 30 minute call involving two agents and a manager, they have agreed that the bill is nonsense:T. They agree that my 60% discount on the Sports pack has been removed from 2nd Sept when it should carry on til 30th October.
    They are now suggesting that the errors will be corrected when the next bill is actually produced at the end of the month.:(
    If it doesn't they have agreed to credit me with the difference of ~ £30. The nice Scottish lassie I talked with this am, has promised to phone me on Monday 2nd October to check that the bill is corrected -if she doesn't I will phone anyway to put in my 30 days notice!!
  • Dawning
    Dawning Posts: 498 Forumite
    Options
    As expected, the future bill for October is STILL incorrect after the Sept. payment has cleared.:mad:
    On the phone again to SKY this morning -after a 30 minute call involving two agents and a manager, they have agreed that the bill is nonsense:T. They agree that my 60% discount on the Sports pack has been removed from 2nd Sept when it should carry on til 30th October.
    They are now suggesting that the errors will be corrected when the next bill is actually produced at the end of the month.:(
    If it doesn't they have agreed to credit me with the difference of ~ £30. The nice Scottish lassie I talked with this am, has promised to phone me on Monday 2nd October to check that the bill is corrected -if she doesn't I will phone anyway to put in my 30 days notice!!

Similar has just happened to me.
    Checked online banking for something else, noted Sky have debited more than twice as much as it should be.
    Logged into My Sky and it's showing that *I* have made changes to my package. I haven't.
    I'm on a deal till the end of January next year.
    I'm now £50 down in my bank account unexpectedly and don't get paid for another week.
    Can't get through on the phone at all.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dawning wrote: »
    Similar has just happened to me.
    Checked online banking for something else, noted Sky have debited more than twice as much as it should be.
    Logged into My Sky and it's showing that *I* have made changes to my package. I haven't.
    I'm on a deal till the end of January next year.
    I'm now £50 down in my bank account unexpectedly and don't get paid for another week.
    Can't get through on the phone at all.

Ty the sms option through the My Sky App, I had success with that and it saves sitting on hold forever.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Websites/Sky-s-messaging-service-the-new-easy-way-to-contact-us/td-p/2583924
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had a missed call from Sky on Sunday and they got hold of me today.
    The woman from exec team asked why i had complained as she was convinced that Sky had given me a good deal.
    The last 2 months of my 60% discount was not applied as Sky changed sports to Sports complete which mucked up the discount.
    I was meant to have £48 pm tv discount for the last 2 months but they charged full whack for September and more than i was paying before for Octobers bill.
    She stopped the discount for Sept/Oct bill and refunded me £96 and could not understand why the complaints team had not done that.
    She said the offer they applied for the last 2 months of my min term for sport/cinema was £96 saving over 6 months which would cover me for the overcharging but i would pay £32 for variety as Sky could not discount that as an offer was already on the account.
    I was paying £27.20 pm but with new offer £32 for variety and £20 for sport/cinema (after discount) making £52.20 pm which the rep thought was better than what i was paying before.
    She then said would i like to hand in my cancel request as i mentioned in the email i was thinking of leaving due to being messed about but i will do that at the end of this week as it will be 32 days to the end of my min term.
    Sky must be cutting down of dishing out deals as a gesture of good will and big discounts judging by the retention deals and come back offers i have seen on here and d/spy.
    I got my £96 back which i was overcharged so i am ok with that.

This was my response after i was also wrongly overcharged for 2 months of my 60% 12 month discount and Sky changed the last 2 months discount as Sky put the "new" Sports Complete package onto my account and messed up my billing. It is sorted now and mysky account shows the credit being put into the account.
    Ty the sms option through the My Sky App, I had success with that and it saves sitting on hold forever.

It seems a good idea but in my case they do take a long time to reply and you have to reply within a few mins of Sky sms if not they close the query down as you have not replied and they think you are sorted.
    Also i find writing the text takes ages if you have a lot of explaining to do to Sky and also lots of people can't be waiting for Sky to respond if they are working or say driving.
    There have been a lot of Sky users moaning about this on Sky user and Sky's own help forums.
    Hope you get this sorted quick.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Boohoo wrote: »
    It seems a good idea but in my case they do take a long time to reply and you have to reply within a few mins of Sky sms if not they close the query down as you have not replied and they think you are sorted.
    Also i find writing the text takes ages if you have a lot of explaining to do to Sky and also lots of people can't be waiting for Sky to respond if they are working or say driving.
    There have been a lot of Sky users moaning about this on Sky user and Sky's own help forums.
    Hope you get this sorted quick.

That certainly wasn't true in my case anyway, my text conversation took place over nearly 7 hours, at least 6 hours from their first response to resolution.
  • quoit
    quoit Posts: 55 Forumite
    edited 22 September 2017 at 10:43PM
    Options

They've amended my next bill (due 27 September) to take into account and make amends for the previous months overcharging for the Sky Sports package, but this is then swiftly followed by them charging me an additional £10 referred to as an Offer Administration Fee! They are clearly making it up as they go along.

I'm not going to waste my time trying to get through on the phone about the £10 admin fee. Time to call it a day. My cancellation is going ahead with TV services due to be switched off on October 2nd.
  • Dawning
    Dawning Posts: 498 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't been able to get this resolved this week.
    I'm getting very annoyed about it and tempted to tell them to shove it, although I was on such a good deal with a few months left so I'm reluctant.

How are others here getting on?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dawning wrote: »
    I haven't been able to get this resolved this week.
    I'm getting very annoyed about it and tempted to tell them to shove it, although I was on such a good deal with a few months left so I'm reluctant.

How are others here getting on?
    I'm keeping my powder dry til Monday to see if the actual next bill is still wrong -whether it is or not I'll be phoning to put in my cancellation.:)
  • cupidstunt
    Options
    Sky have just billed me for £102 this month, my 75% deal ends in January, usual charge = £36pm for full Sky & Sky Q. Not happy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure