Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Glad you took some time off to recover and that's great that you're through to the second stage of interviews too! Will you need to do a lot for the second stage?

Good luck with the squirrels!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Thanks JoJo

I don't even know if they are squirrels. I am just posing the worst case scenario...a bad habit of mine, catastrophising!

It is good about the second interview. I will have to do a presentation and I hate them, but hey ho. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad all went well & great news on the second interview.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Thanks beanielou, I know you too have been struggling lately and I hope you are on the way up too. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    What's this DIA? You're not carrying on your diary when you're debt free? Noooooooo, I forbid it!!! But if you move over to MFW, I will follow, ok, stalk, you. :D

I hope you're feeling better now. Well done on getting through the interview, terrific news. Everything crossed for the next stage.

And brilliant that you did you class. Is it an acting class? Lights, camera, action....... :D;)

Have you heard back from Tesco about your phone? Hoping the mice / squirrels decide to move along.

It would be really nice if you could free up some money for beauty treatments DIA. I had a facial last night and it was worth every penny. It's not just my face feeling nice and hydrated, I feel soothed and pampered and having someone chatting to me in a calming way while I lie down with my eyes closed for a hour is pure heaven. Fingers crossed the college gets back to you about that.

WIshing you a wonderful week :) x
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I hope you are feeling a bit better. Sometimes we have to give in to it and focus on getting well.

Fingers crossed for the second interview.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    I hope you are feeling a bit better. Sometimes we have to give in to it and focus on getting well.
    Thanks parsniphead. I am feeling a bit better :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    edited 7 May 2017 at 12:33PM
    Orange_Ena wrote: »

Have you heard back from Tesco about your phone?

It would be really nice if you could free up some money for beauty treatments DIA. I had a facial last night and it was worth every penny. It's not just my face feeling nice and hydrated, I feel soothed and pampered and having someone chatting to me in a calming way while I lie down with my eyes closed for a hour is pure heaven. Fingers crossed the college gets back to you about that.
    Thanks for all the positive vibes Orange Ena

I have written to Tesco for a deadlock letter. They have 14 days and then I can take it to the communications ombudsman. They still have a few days left. Watch this space...

I am going to prioritise beauty treatments as you are right it is the whole experience and feeling shabby affects my self esteem. Wishing you a fab week too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    I worked yesterday as I think the worst of the chest infection is over, although my chest is still rattling and I sound like one of those 20 a day for 40 years people.

I woke up at 10.00 this morning so clearly I am not quite better.:(

After work yesterday I spent £24 in MnS. I have paid very little in fares this week due to being ill so I didn't feel bad. They had some very nice dry white sherry. I plan to chill it as a long drink with mint and lemon wedges like they do in tapas bars in Spain. This will last and is maybe the way to go so I’ll be buying olives and nuts instead of crisps! and enjoying as a pick-me-up. It will last longer than wine too. So :money: It was on offer so £3 off and a bottle of feverfew tonic free. This should deal with my "I'm so deprived and need some wine and crisps" pity parties

So far I have restored the kitchen to order but to be honest the house is disgraceful again

Drudgery to do

—remove old light fitting from the side of the house and bin
    —an hour of gardening (or 20 minutes if I can’t manage an hour)
    —hoover and steam clean stairs and landing
    —hoover and steam clean the bedroom
    —pay gas bill
    —menu plan from what I have
    —ironing

Back later with a progress report

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Drudgery to do
    —remove old light fitting from the side of the house and bin
    —an hour of gardening (or 20 minutes if I can’t manage an hour)
    —hoover and steam clean stairs and landing
    —hoover and steam clean the bedroom
    [STRIKE]—pay gas bill[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]—menu plan from what I have[/STRIKE]
    —ironing
    A spectacular fail as barely anything from this list can be ticked off :( Ah well...tomorrow is another day...
    Good night everyone :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills