Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hurrah for moving in with minimal stress.:) You have a pool. :beer::j:beer::j:beer::jHoly cow I am soooo envious.:cool: Perfect for this weather. :j:beer:

Has your school broken up already? We have.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    The "Olympic sized pool" as I like to refer to it, is a 10" diameter paddling pool :) It's fantastic, even if it does take up a huge amount of the patio!

Sadly, I still have until next Friday until I get away from the evil ones, but it's getting easier....

Went out with a very select group of people last night for leaving drinks, it was so nice to be able to sit outside in the evening sun and natter.
  • savingwannabe
    I am still incredibly envious. Wow. Have a good day. I am teaching a class at the Summer School tonight and until then I have ironing and lesson prep to do.
  • Kittikins
    Hooray, it's the weekend!!!

Have been up since 7am with KW. We had breakfast together in the garden, and washed up the mountain of dishes that had accumulated - a dishwasher is on our wishlist!

I'm now mooching, cleaning the house, waiting for DD to surface and enjoying the house- and putting off doing some final marking and prep that I want to print out whilst I have 'free' printing ;)

DD and I have been given free tickets to Henley Festival for tomorrow evening, so we're going to probably go out and buy her a new dress so that she looks utterly fabulous (well, even more so!)

So much to do today....guess I'd better stop wasting time online!
  • Kittikins
    Going through some books and trying to sell more - blimey, the companies aren't offering much these days :(

I'm still putting anything smaller than a £1 coin into a new sealed pot each evening :)

KW and I want to start savings pots for these house things, in order of need:
    1. Carpet upstairs - ours is rather threadbare. I'm going to get some people round to quote. It might be that we can get this done reasonably soon.
    2. Upgrading shower - it cries rather than showers...but need to check with the HA as to what we're allowed to do
    3. Tumble drier - I'm aware the current lovely weather won't last forever....
    4. Dishwasher :)
    5. Bigger TV - even with my glasses on, it's getting harder to see, and unsurprisingly, DD and KW are keen on the idea too!
  • Kittikins
    Yesterday, I found 1p on the floor - yay; an arm came off my glasses - boo.

Henley Festival was fantastic, we had such a lovely time, especially so, as our tickets were free, the sun was out and we saw John Culshaw and the English National Opera/orchestra sing and play.

Quite a cheap night out - £13 for a halloumi burger and chips, nomnom. DD and KW had a great evening too, by all accounts, which is very nice to know!
  • savingwannabe
    Well done on finding the 1p, the Festival and on coping with the crying shower:T:T:T

It sounds like you are having a great weekend already. The coming up with lists is a great project and is half the fun. Enjoy the glorious weather.
  • Kittikins
    Phew! Today was tiring - school picnic on the village green with very little shade.....and very tired and not in the mood to do any work when we got back children.

Then we had to stay at school until 6pm to chat to any parents who wanted to discuss their child's report (I had 4 come in, out of a maximum 20); the last one left at 5:58pm!

DD and I hot-footed it to the supermarket to get much needed essentials (bread, ice cream.....aaaaargh, need to start reining in my spending!) and went home to chill in the garden.

So tired tonight, but glad it's a bit cooler, so hopefully we'll all sleep better.
  • Kittikins
    Faced up to what I thought was going to be a horrible meeting this morning, but which ended up being rather good, and all my anxiety about it was for nothing. Phew!

Found 2p for the seaside pot, yay :)

Apart from that, school was fun, but tiring - I actually taught a bit today again, such a novelty.....Tomorrow is party day for my class, so I've got the Greatest Showman DVD and the lion pinata ready :):)
  • savingwannabe
    Enjoy party day. I am hoping you are breaking up for hols v soon. I hope the time goes quickly and happily.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport