Photo Backdrop

Hi

I think photos matter a great deal when selling on Ebay and I take care when taking them. I struggle with what to use as a backdrop though, on small items it's easy as I just use a sheet of A4 paper but for larger items I struggle.

I'd be grateful if others could share their ideas of what they use.

Thanks

Ms C
Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,545 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Got a plain wall in the house?

Try a large sheet of fabric, or start playing with some paint software where you can create your own backdrops.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oooh never thought of an app, that would be so much simpler. Do you have any recommendations?
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,545 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    paint.net or gimp

I have an old version of paintshop pro 7 which is handy sometimes.

I prefer paint.net for some items and pro 7 for others.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    For clothes someone i know has put up a cream blind in her spare room that she can pull down to the floor. She then places her mannequin in front of it for clothes pictures.
    I have an A1 sketch pad from The Range (£3) so i open it out in the middle so it is at right angles if you get my drift. So the upright is against the settee back and the other half is laid flat on the settee seating. It's then A2 so i can fit bigger objects on it.
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • Ting-Tang
    Ting-Tang Posts: 129 Forumite
    I used to photograph things in my bath - they usually looked pretty good....
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,430 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I use wallpaper pulled down and over table so it is seamless. (I have to cellotape top and sides to wall so you have to have a place where you can't ruin the wall)
    Get some (extra long ) samples from shops.
  • Dark_Star
    Dark_Star Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I've used the bath before or the shower. Lots of bright white to bounce light around.

Or a large piece of quite deep rich velvet. Draped over stairs & place items on that - can look quite tasteful & allows you to angle bits too...
    Lurking in a galaxy far far away...
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Wherever in the house the light is best . I use my kitchen as I've got lots of artificial lights
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure