Cheapest Petrol & Diesel Discussion Area

Comments

• stojom
    stojom Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 June 2018 at 6:55PM
    Petrolprices.com now charge for info on prices outside certain radii, confused.com is more comprehensive. If you shop around you can sometimes get super unleaded cheaper than normal stuff locally just by travelling slightly extra miles, I do so it!!!8217;s a no brainer. Despite the cynics it is better for your car, cleaner and can improve mpg.
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 June 2018 at 7:12PM
    My local Asda (London NW9) has today REDUCED the price for unleaded to 124.7p I presume other Asda branches have followed similar.

Just seen this article. So it is not only Asda then!
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    What does
    I do so it!!!8217;s a no brainer
    mean?
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • stojom
    edited 13 June 2018 at 7:11PM
    Soz, forgot to mention, does anyone remember dodgy DAVE;s fuel price escalator idea where tax would be adjusted to increases so they would stabilise prices. Another promise swiftly forgotten.
  • stojom
    Just a typo
  • Patricia01
    Patricia01 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If you know someone who's a member of Costco, ask them to go to their petrol pump with you - my mother says it's about £1.20 near her.
  • ernie-money
    ernie-money Posts: 811 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Robert10 wrote: »
    Further to this article I've just logged into my petrolprices.com account for the first time in ages, and rather frustratingly it's not as good as it used to be as many forecourts are "locked" - you have to "upgrade to plus" to see them. In my area 5 out of 10 are locked. Grrrr!

I've just noticed by chance that it's random which garages are blocked out. I wanted to know how much fuel was at the BP, for using an Amex offer, and it was locked when I put my postcode in. As there aren't many garages that side of town, I thought I'd put in a postcode from further that direction & when I did, suddenly I got the prices of the previously blocked garages! A bit fiddly, but possibly useful to know...
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
  • For what appears to have been several months, if one spends £20 in the M&S section of a BP petrol garage which has an attached Marks & Sparks franchise, you get 10p per liter off fuel.

The problem is that you have to spend that amount in the M&S section and THEN fill with fuel! That means that most petrol pumps are filled with empty cars because their owners have gone to spend the £20+ AFTER filling up!

This would be so much easier sorting out if, after one spends £20+ in the M&S section, one could receive a voucher offering 10p/litre off petrol, enabling the vehicle owner to revisit the same garage later to use (without clogging up a petrol pump)!

Bill.:mad:
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For what appears to have been several months, if one spends £20 in the M&S section of a BP petrol garage which has an attached Marks & Sparks franchise, you get 10p per liter off fuel.

The problem is that you have to spend that amount in the M&S section and THEN fill with fuel! That means that most petrol pumps are filled with empty cars because their owners have gone to spend the £20+ AFTER filling up!

This would be so much easier sorting out if, after one spends £20+ in the M&S section, one could receive a voucher offering 10p/litre off petrol, enabling the vehicle owner to revisit the same garage later to use (without clogging up a petrol pump)!

Bill.:mad:
    Anyone who spends £20 in a petrol station M&S is clearly not worried about saving a few pence on petrol anyway :rotfl:
  • tommysaver
    tommysaver Posts: 181 Forumite
    Bump - anyone used the 10p off a litre from Tesco's yet? Does it apply to their premium petrol, 99 does anyone know?

It's £1.439 here in the south east for Shell V power :O
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport