GWD Forestry Investment

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,979 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sad to say, that have more than double that amount invested.... :(
    Never mind, just think of all those millions of dollars that'll be coming your way from that distant deceased relative in Nigeria once you pay the 'release fee'.... ;)
  • eskbanker wrote: »
    Never mind, just think of all those millions of dollars that'll be coming your way from that distant deceased relative in Nigeria once you pay the 'release fee'.... ;)

Sign me up..... :) might have a better chance than with my current investment :)
  • Gadfium
    Gadfium Posts: 763 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    All this thread needs is a new poster telling everyone how many £thousands they have made in this scam investment and just how damn great it is.....
    :wink:
  • Joe,
    When you say "Whats the difference between a "pure" scam and utter incompetence due to a flawed business plan that results in the loss of your money?"I can't agree with you more. Excuses do not matter.
    Regards
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,607 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sign me up..... :) might have a better chance than with my current investment :)

This is a UK forum, why are people investing tens of thousands of Euros?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,607 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi JimJames,
    The thing is that I have received some payments, but just not in line with expectations. As with any investments, there are no guarantees, but I don't believe this is a scam. However, in saying all that, if GWD is having challenges in making payments in schedule it does open up a lot of questions :(

With many scams the income is paid out to you from your capital or from new investors coming on board. When either dries up then you stop receiving money which appears to be the case here.

Mainstream investments may not have a guaranteed value but they are at least protected from fraud and your money being stolen/misappropriated. With an unregulated investment like this you can lose the lot.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,934 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well I have already been contacted by such a company making claims that GWD were purchased by another company and that I was due a payment as a result of the sale. How they got my contact details I do not know

I think you do.
  • jammyjoe
    jammyjoe Posts: 6 Forumite
    AnotherJoe/Red Dog 1,

As you've stated it doesn't matter what type of company it is, if there's no money forthcoming to their clients then you really can't call it a company. If they are not following contractual obligations then what's one to do (frustrated other Joe)
  • HKCAN
    HKCAN Posts: 1 Newbie
    I am also a client of GWD. My experience with them is very similar. Although i havent had any payments due yet, im invested in the eucalyptus project in brazil. The harvest is "supposed" to be this fall. Now that i see other investors' experiences.....im really scared i wont ever see that money again! Has anyone out there actually ever received full payments from GWD???
  • jammyjoe
    jammyjoe Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi HKCAN,

I do believe ForestryInvestor has received some returns but as jimjames has stated above, does it make any difference whether you get paid or not, their business model is suspicious at best/worst. I'd like to come back here in 6 months and say the opposite but very much doubt it
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback