Mascara Recommendations Please

Can someone please recommend a mascara that doesn't leave me looking like a panda!

Comments

• esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I always use waterproof mascara for this very reason. I've found Kiko mascaras very good (and to get it off, Nivea eye make up remover - does the job and doesn't seem to irritate my eyes) HTH
  • esmy wrote: »
    I always use waterproof mascara for this very reason. I've found Kiko mascaras very good (and to get it off, Nivea eye make up remover - does the job and doesn't seem to irritate my eyes) HTH

Even waterproof for me leave big black marks shortly after applying :(
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Clear mascara.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,858
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    Have you thought of having your eyelashes dyed? I have mine done and it's very effective
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,392
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Clinique works for me. I've got deep-set eyes and long lashes, so the mascara wipes itself off if I'm not careful.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,526
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The new l'oreal lash paradise in the waterproof formula gives me an amazing look as well as being the first lower end mascara that doesn't give me panda eyes. Essence's lash princess in the black and green packaging is also pretty similar. The most waterproof / budgeproof mascara i've ever owned is the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Volume Extreme Waterproof mascara; wore it on my wedding day through all the tears and sweating and it stayed perfectly in place.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,725
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The new l'oreal lash paradise in the waterproof formula gives me an amazing look as well as being the first lower end mascara that doesn't give me panda eyes. Essence's lash princess in the black and green packaging is also pretty similar. The most waterproof / budgeproof mascara i've ever owned is the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Volume Extreme Waterproof mascara; wore it on my wedding day through all the tears and sweating and it stayed perfectly in place.

I also use the loreal lash paradise, under benefit they’re real.

The most bombproof I’ve found is loreal double extend waterproof in the blue and white tube. It’s actually too bombproof, I can’t get the damn stuff off!! Fab mascara though.
  • Glad wrote: »
    Have you thought of having your eyelashes dyed? I have mine done and it's very effective

I did thanks but couldn't stand the feel of the damp dye on the lashes and got them to remove it instantly before the dye had taken :o
  • I use soap and glory, the one you usually get in the £30 xmas box.

At the moment I have russian false ones on but when I don't I love S&G
    x
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Timpu
    Timpu Posts: 310
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I use Blinc mascara, intended for sensitive eyes. It forms tubes on your eye lashes and is waterproof. Remove using warm water and gentle fingertips. Normal stuff causes my eyes to water so I end up with panda eyes before it's had a chance to dry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure