22 Foxhole East

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    The plasterer just rang. He starts on Monday!!
    Monday is the day DS4 has his christmas performance, the car is in for its service and MOT, and the day that I know how much money I have left to do DS4s birthday and all 4 kids for Xmas.

So jobs this weekend will include:

Taking the kids to town to buy their presents for each other.
    Emptying my bedroom into DS2s bedroom so that nothing gets ruined when the plasterer does the ceiling.
    Strip a bit more wallpaper
    Baking some stuff.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Can you task the smalls to do any of this Fox?

I hope you get some down time yourself. And I hope you have an enormous pile of presents under the tree come Christmas morning. You deserve it.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • f0xh0les
    Can you task the smalls to do any of this Fox?
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    No, I can clear my bedroom with a little help from DH in 15 minutes. You should see me do the 'tower of hanoi' when I get the whole house carpeted in one day:T. Even the carpet fitters were amazed all the bedrooms were back where they were supposed to be before they had finished the stairs. :j

I hope you get some down time yourself. And I hope you have an enormous pile of presents under the tree come Christmas morning. You deserve it.

Why thank you! This morning I have finished wrapping the gifts from grandparents for the kids. I have not yet started my shopping. :eek:

I still can't find those three boxes of cards for their classmates. :mad:
    This year I am doing teacher gifts, because the kids are coming along nicely. Not sure if it has anything to do with the teacher, or if they are just one year older, but DS4s teacher loves having him in the class, as he steers the discussions in the direction she hopes they will go in, and he is bringing on some of the more able kids. :T Teacher's pet. :rotfl: Only £1 manicure sets from W1lko so not breaking the bank with 1 teacher and 2 assistants, and they are easily re-giftable if they are surplus to requirements - they are also very pretty for £1. Not as nice as the coffee creams from Icyland though.

I would be most happy with some new tea towels - how pathetic is that? That would honestly be the thing that would make my life better. No diamonds here! The plastering is enough to make me happy. I might spend Xmas day cutting up a Victorian Bathrooms catalogue into what I want in the upstairs bathroom. - Gotta have a plan.

DS4 just came in asking for the 'aufornicate thing' for the wif-fi. I hope he means authenticate. :rotfl:
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • f0xh0les
    Just signed up to Mortgage Free in 2018 challenge

I need to find £345 to overpay to get to my goal of £100,000 by next December. I think. I am not certain what the daily interest will be exactly on the new deal in Feb.

So, wish me luck, I'm going in ... (to 2018 with a plan)
  • f0xh0les
    Got up at 6am to start stripping wallpaper - finished at 4.30 put some laundry on to launch and did some baking for lunchboxes but they have slightly burnt bottoms due to me helping DH shift his linen press out of our bedroom ready for Mr plasterer in the morning.

I just had a bath, got in, got cramp, stretched, got cramp somewhere else, muscle spasms all over the place. I am a mess.

Tomorrow I have to drop my car for the service and MOT at 8.30, sadly I will be on the school run from 8 and I have had to ask DH to drop it in for me . Then Mr Plasterer is coming at 8.45 (he says) but DS4 has his xmas performance tomorrow until 10am, so DH is coming home after dropping my car to the garage, and staying home to let the plasterer in and waiting until I get home. He is doing it with extremely bad grace.

So an evening on the sofa now, with Agatha Christie's Crooked House and a berry liqueur.
  • f0xh0les
    So plasterer arrived at 9.20 did prep but no wet plaster anywhere, so moved DS4's bed back into his room for tonight (it is just a shunt across the hallway into DS1's room) and I will push it back again in the morning before the school run.

We are on the sofa bed downstairs tonight (woo hoo!)

So I assume things will crack on quickly in the morning.
    Which is so ridiculously exciting it is pathetic.

Today was end of December payday. It is going to be a long month until January payday. Must remember not to overpay stuff if it is going to leave me short. Will have to wait until next payday before seeing what I have left over. Must resist the temptation.....

MOT and service came in at £135 - yay!!!!

Tomorrow is the last day for the 2 primary school kids
    Wed at 12.30 for t'other two High Schoolers - they are very not impressed.

Lots of parcels are arriving at the moment, it will be much harder with the kids about the place, so hoping a lot come tomorrow so I can wrap them and hide them. The kids are starting to look for hiding places, might have to get a ladder out to hide them properly.

By this time next week, all the faff will be over and I will not have a huge bill to pay for it. DS4 will be a whole year older, and we can look forward to making our plans and predictions for 2018.

The S&M berry liqueur is rather good. DH is on the gold flecked creme brulee one. Might get some more when they reduce them. They have 8 this year that are vegan friendly.
  • f0xh0les
    Day 3 of the plasterer. The top floor bar one wall on the stairs is done. That one will be finished tomorrow which will put him on the middle floor. He says he will finish on Friday. DS4s birthday is on Saturday. My baby will be 8. How did that happen?:(

Had a lovely supper tonight of home made falafel and salad and wraps. Much hilarity over the dining table. We were trying to come up with names we would choose for ourselves if we had to go into witness protection. DH professed we were all too silly for words. He is such a grown up sometimes. :)

Spent a really nice afternoon watching Chicken Run with DS1 and DS3.
    DS3 was horrified to learn chickens are not monogamous.:rotfl: Such a little puritan.

Went outside into the back yard to hang out two school coats which had been attacked by the mud monster. All 3 of the drains were blocked and the whole of the back of the house was sat in a puddle, so I pulled on my marigolds, cleared the drain holes - I think the ice and snow must have taken every leaf or loose bit of mortar and thrown it down into the drain trap. So I cleared it, and got out my yard broom and swept all the water back down the hole. Mission accomplished. Go check your drains everyone!

So we are still on the sofabed downstairs, much much warmer than our bedroom. Almost too warm actually, even a couple of hours after the heating has gone off. Much more comfortable in our cooler room. Can't wait to get back into it. It is currently being used as a plaster making/storage room. However, I now know that the room is perfectly warm and comfortable for guests.

Might be going a little stir crazy though. DH says he is finishing work at 3pm tomorrow so might leg it on Friday morning and brave the madness of town - I have things to take back to shops that people have sent as presents for the kids that are for the wrong ages. :( I do wonder why they bother sometimes.
  • f0xh0les
    One landing ceiling left to plaster, and a couple of patches needed in the living room from the dreaded electricians. Then the poor guy can start his Xmas.

Still waiting on some parcels to be delivered, I had tracking messages to say they would be delivered today so made sure DS1 was home and waiting while we had to go out and do the grocery shopping. Nothing came!! :(

Had a great time with DS1 and LBC when mystery hour was on. Then a couple of films this afternoon with the others. :D

DH finished work from the office, and was home at 3.30 so I guess Xmas has started for us! Now I feel even worse that the poor plasterer is still working. I am seriously not normal. :rotfl::rotfl:

DS4 has requested a strawberry cake for his birthday.:wall: So I am going with the victoria sponge base, strawberry jam, I have a disc of strawberry ice-cream in the cake tin wrapped in clingfilm to make a strawberry ice-cream filling layer to go on top, I chopped strawberries into it too, then another thin layer of strawberry jam, the sponge lid, and if I can get my hands on a tin of squirty vegan cream tomorrow, then squirty cream and sliced strawberries on the top. I have his name in candles from Land of £. I hope that is strawberry enough for him. :bdaycake:

Also I am going to make my second Xmas cake this year as the last one lasted 3 days. The kids really really liked it. :)_party_

I have a list ready and prepped for tomorrow.. I want to get as much as possible bought and sorted before Saturday's birthday, including emulsion to be able to get on with the painting once the walls are dry.. I am thinking of a Boxing Day painting party. :xmastree::santa2::snow_laug:snow_grin:xmassmile
  • f0xh0les
    I was out of the house by 8.20 this morning, did Aldi, returned a gift to Next for a gift card returned smellies to Lush for a lot of bathbombs, glittery stuff and henna. Went to the market, had to run back to my car as I only paid for an hour's parking and I was ten minutes late!!!

I also managed to parallel park really well twice today, like a proper grown up who knows how to parallel park. Shocked and stunned!! Probably won't be able to recreate this feat anytime soon.

Took DS3 to order his glasses - two pairs have mysteriously disappeared from school. If my child came home with a pair of glasses, I would have words to say to them, they are no use whatsoever to anyone else but DS3. Poor thing. Totally unexpectedly they put a rush on them and they were ready in one hour. He is not taking these ones off, even for football, and they glow in the dark.

Last bits of food shopping done, ice-cream in the freezer, plenty of food in the house.

All plastering completed on top and middle floors. Patch plastering done on
    the main areas of destruction caused by electricians in the front room. It all looks fabulous. Waiting for it to dry will be torture.

DS4 found a friend in the plasterer. He absolutely adores him and asked him not to leave!! I will get him back to do the bathroom once I have saved up again. DS3 and DS4 even helped him pack up his van. If a 7 and 9 yr old can be called help.

I have loaded up DHs car with stuff that needs to go to the tip, but I didn't make it today.

Tomorrow is DS4s birthday. I will get up early and put his cake in the oven before breakfast.

Right, I need my bed. and DS1 has just stuck his head in the door and says he may well be ill tonight. He feels sick. Joy!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Glow in the dark glasses sound awesome!

Hope ds1 wasn't ill.

Happy birthday to ds4:bdaycake:
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback