Boots Advantage Loyalty Points Discussion Area

Comments

• cwp500
    cwp500 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post
    Only (stupidly) just found out in my local Boots that they do value ranges on certain toiletries.

I stumbled on a rack hidden in the baby section which had value Moisturiser,shampoo, shower gel, baby wipes.

They are in horrible looking white plastic containers but the quality is way beyond the price would indicate.

Look out for these or better still ask the assistants are there any Boots own value ranges.

The moisturiser is as good as any I have used.
    :o Keep trying.........................what else is there to do? :o
  • Thank you Shop2Drop
  • This thread is a bit neglected, but it's linked from the Boots Treasure Trove article so I'll add my 2p:

If you're over 60 it might be worth joining their Health Club. It's free, and you get 10% off Boots products, and they send you a magazine with some vouchers in it occasionally.

In addition some products are half price (and this may work for those under 60 too). For the vitamins I looked at, Boots own-brand supplements are usually quite expensive but this offer brings them down to about Internet prices.

Another unlikely way to save is on airport water. Since you can't take water through security now if you want a bottle of water for the plane you have to buy it at the airport. At most big UK airports there seems to be a branch of Boots in the departure lounge. This card gives you 50% off Boots' Brecon Carreg 1litre - you can make a good saving on airport prices if they stock it (but I noticed Gatwick North only had the 750ml).
  • Probably already mentioned but...

On www.boots.com
    To check how many points you have on your Advantage Card, you must register with boots.com.
    Once registered, to see your points balance online, sign into My Account (found at the top of every page). Then simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Show my points" button.

We're sorry, but points cannot be spent on www.boots.com.

Why won't Boots accept their own card?
  • Hi guys, someone asked previously if the boots points were only valid for a year? As an employee there for 6 years i can confirm that no they have no expiration date, one of my colleagues has been saving hers up from before i started and has over a thousand pounds worth to spend someday!!
  • Blimey, I hope she doesn't lose her card.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Blimey, I hope she doesn't lose her card.

LOL!
    Boots are quite good with the infact! I lost- or more accuratly, had my purse stolen and at the time had over £100 of points, I called up boots advantage card, they cancelled the card straight away and sent me a new one- it did take roughly a month to arrive, but atleast my points were safe!
  • Stevev99
    Stevev99 Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just come back from the large Boots in my local town.

Thought I'd check out the 3 for 2 offers and quite honestly have never seen so many overpriced things in my life.

I'm sure all these £8 items were only £5 last year and things that are £20 were only £15 last year and only worth the lower amount.

Absolute rubbish most of it, there certainly isn't a lot of value in buying the 3 for 2 items i felt since it was all over priced by 30% anyway!

It all felt a little desperate in there and very cheap and market stall and not many nice things.

My opinion anyway,,,:rolleyes:
  • sam84uk
    sam84uk Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Stevev99 wrote: »
    Just come back from the large Boots in my local town.

Thought I'd check out the 3 for 2 offers and quite honestly have never seen so many overpriced things in my life.

I'm sure all these £8 items were only £5 last year and things that are £20 were only £15 last year and only worth the lower amount.

Absolute rubbish most of it, there certainly isn't a lot of value in buying the 3 for 2 items i felt since it was all over priced by 30% anyway!

It all felt a little desperate in there and very cheap and market stall and not many nice things.

My opinion anyway,,,:rolleyes:
    That's why I wait until mid-january when they get reduced to 75% off. In fact I bought the majority of this year's xmas pressies last January :D. I got quite a few toys for my kids and the same ones are now back on the site at full price. I'm feeling rather smug now, lol ;):p
    :smileyhea Proud Mummy of 2 :smileyhea
    Totally addicted to Boots glitches & the Next sales!
  • Whilst no doubt there are bargains to be had always check the competition.Our Boots wanted £4.99 for some painkillers.Non prescription but you have to ask the pharmacist. Next door but one the local chemist was selling exactly the same brand for£1.99!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure