NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    S_uk wrote: »
    Whilst there are still five hours left, and the money may go through literally at the last second, I do wonder if it was ever wise for them to leave it so late and therefore at a point which wouldn't allow any slack in the system in case something goes wrong or there's a delay in their systems.

They started paying out on Tuesday, so not late. But maybe a sign they have problems.

A competent bank would have run a batch job overnight on Wednesday
  • mapk
    mapk Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    NatWest normally do business online and over the phone 24 hours a day.

24 hours a day are seemingly not enough though to do business in a timely manner :D
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    It is quite an achievement to give away a significant amount of money to a lot of people but raise concerns about your competence at the same time.

We should have let NatWest fail instead of buying shares to prop them up.
  • NJA22
    NJA22 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For those still awaiting the switching bonus and have had little interaction with the Natwest staff, it is worth clarifying that you are actually eligible...
    Just found out I'm not. Inspite of;
    -applyed for a select a/c on 14th February
    -completed a full switch (from a Nationwide current a/c) on 6th March
    -logged in to online banking
    -deposited £1,555
    I should have recorded/written down the reason they gave but it didn't make a great deal of sense. If I've not met the criteria then my fair enough my fault, but can't fathom out what it is.
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NJA22 wrote: »
    For those still awaiting the switching bonus and have had little interaction with the Natwest staff, it is worth clarifying that you are actually eligible...
    -deposited £1,555
    I should have recorded/written down the reason they gave but it didn't make a great deal of sense. If I've not met the criteria then my fair enough my fault, but can't fathom out what it is.

You also had to deposit the money into account before a certain date, I think some time during March.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    -logged in to online banking When?
    -deposited £1,555 When?
    See questions above.

But if I didn't understand the reason they'd given I'd have asked them to explain again.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    -deposited £1,555

Did you deposit the £1555 by 16 March? Contrary to what I said in an earlier post today (sorry), meeting the 16th March deadline for the deposit WAS a condition of getting the bonus.
  • leet5
    leet5 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I've had a response on twitter to say they are investigating the issue :cry:
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a heads up....

Complaints dept are open Saturday 14/04 08:30-14:30
    Switching Team are open Saturday 14/04 08:00-14:00

Still not received any payment yet so if not in account at some point tonight complaint will be logged tomorrow morning.

Info re opening times given by Telephone banking, advisor told me they have been inundated with calls about missing switcher bonus payments
  • NJA22
    NJA22 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    djpailo wrote: »
    You also had to deposit the money into account before a certain date, I think some time during March.
    See questions above.

But if I didn't understand the reason they'd given I'd have asked them to explain again.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Yes, should have mentioned both were done before 16th March cut off. The reasons was something to do with the switch, will re-call tomorrow for clarification.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure