Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Centipede100
Centipede100 Posts: 107 Forumite
edited 1 July 2014 at 5:06PM in Flight delay compensation
MSE Official Insert:

This discussion thread is linked to from our Flight Delays Compensation guide. Please read that for full help.

Comments

• Following my first letter to Jet2 i received a reply from them stating they were dealing with queries in date order.
    I made two claims to Jet2 as both the outbound and returning flights were both delayed.
    It is now 7 weeks and i have heard nothing else.
    Is this the correct way of doing things:
    Send a Letter Before Action for a response within 14 days and copy it to the CAA.
    Then if no response make two claims (one for each flight) on MCOL.

Can the LBA be a simple paragraph stating if no response within 14 days i will be making a claim via MCOL?
  • Goodfella,

I sent my letter to Jet2 at the beginning of January following a 7 hour delayed flight with them. I immediately got the automated response saying that they will reply within 28 days. I've not heard anything yet but i'll give them the 28 days, and then send another email. I've still nothing after a further 10 days, i'll then email the CAA with all of the documentation to date.

From looking at the CAA website, I can't see how Jet2 will be able to get out of paying the full compensation, so i'll be taking this as far as I need to. But i want to make sure I do give Jet2 the chance first to respond.

Good luck with your claim. I'm sure we'll get there in the end!
  • Jet 2 have had two letters from us. the 1stthey never responded to. the 2nd was sent recorded. We got the standard, "we will reply in strict date order". This was Dec 20th. Plan to given them until the end of Jan.
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
  • I posted originally in the main thread but adding here so it can be seen by other Jet2 passengers.

My flight with Jet2 on the 18th September 2011 (LS656 from Paphos to East Midlands) was cancelled as the crew which arrived were out of flying hours due to a technical delay on the previous flight.

The communication on the ground was very poor as the check-in crew obviously knew this as we were immediately issued with vouchers but told we would be flying that evening - this was obviously a lie as they would have known the crew would be unable to make the return leg without the required rest break.!I sent Jet2 a letter in November and received the usual "reply in date order". After hearing nothing I sent the NBA in December which was also ignored. I therefore submitted a claim via MCOL last week which was deemed served today, 12th Jan. The deadline for their response is 26th Jan.

I will post up dates here....

Good luck to anyone else pursuing claims against Jet2!!
  • On your LBA, was it similarly worded to the the 1st? Do you make any additions to it, for instance, that you will claim interest from the time of delay?
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
  • I posted originally in the main thread but adding here so it can be seen by other Jet2 passengers.

My flight with Jet2 on the 18th September 2011 (LS656 from Paphos to East Midlands) was cancelled as the crew which arrived were out of flying hours due to a technical delay on the previous flight.

The communication on the ground was very poor as the check-in crew obviously knew this as we were immediately issued with vouchers but told we would be flying that evening - this was obviously a lie as they would have known the crew would be unable to make the return leg without the required rest break.!I sent Jet2 a letter in November and received the usual "reply in date order". After hearing nothing I sent the NBA in December which was also ignored. I therefore submitted a claim via MCOL last week which was deemed served today, 12th Jan. The deadline for their response is 26th Jan.

I will post up dates here....

Good luck to anyone else pursuing claims against Jet2!!

Do let me know how you got on, as after my second letter sent at the beginning of the week, I got a refusal of compensation yesterday, saying the tech problem was an extraordinary circumstance. I now have to decide whether to write to the relevant agencies in Greece, or go via small claims route.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    sharalee, what were you're circumstances?
    I reopened my claim from Feb 2011 on 8th November and never got a reply other than letters requesting info/data already sent. I gave them LBAs for 15th December. Still no response at 4th Jan so MCOL website visited and court papers issued. Time's up on 23rd. Will keep everyone posted....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPears wrote: »
    sharalee, what were you're circumstances?
    I reopened my claim from Feb 2011 on 8th November and never got a reply other than letters requesting info/data already sent. I gave them LBAs for 15th December. Still no response at 4th Jan so MCOL website visited and court papers issued. Time's up on 23rd. Will keep everyone posted....

Got to the airport in Heraklion, Crete, to find there was a delay of 4 hours for our flight to Glasgow, on 9th October 12. We were informed by the rep that our flight hadn't even left Glasgow as it went tech. It turned in to a longer delay, arriving in Glasgow 6 hours late.
    Sent 1st letter in November, to which we got the standard reply. Heard nothing, so left it til the festivities were over, and I sent the NBA letter at the beginning of last week. They are now saying it was an extraordinary circumstance and will not be paying.
    I don't know what to do next really. As I am in Scotland, it would be the Sheriff court for a small claims, or I would have to write to authorities in Greece, I believe, as my flight originated there.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I think (but stand to be corrected) that knock on delays aren't EC? What were the details of the "tech"?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPears wrote: »
    I think (but stand to be corrected) that knock on delays aren't EC? What were the details of the "tech"?

Now that, I don't know. We were never told. There were chinese whispers that it taxied out but returned to stand. Is there a way to find out?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure