LookAfterMyBills DOUBLES Direct Debit

After following the advice to sign up to the fuel switching service LookAfterMyBills, I have just received an email from them advising of my new switch... DOUBLING my monthly direct debit!! :naughty: WOW! Stop!!!

Jumped straight on the email telling them to stop... just hope they will stop!! I am currently in a flat living on my own paying First Utility £30 per month for both my gas and electric and I am currently IN CREDIT with them... LookAfterMyBills want to switch me to the unknown PFP Energy and make my Direct Debits £59!!! :naughty: WOW! No thanks! I'll switch myself thanks...

Just be warned it doesn't seem very money saving to use this automatic switching service!!!

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,500
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    £30 pm seems an incredibly low amount per month for both fuels. Are you sure your account with FU is REALLY in credit? Have they got up to date readings ?
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,589
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The best person to look after and keep control of your bills is YOU rather than an automated service which gets a rake off every time it engineers a switch.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    P999DSO wrote: »
    After following the advice to sign up to

I would look for a new advisor. How was the £30 per month calculated? Credit/debit balances are only valid for the day that a bill was raised and only then if actual meter readings were used.
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You also need to look at First Utility's exit fees for their tariff which you are currently on - it could cost you a fortune if they switch you away before the end of tariff if LAMB don't cover the exit fees.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,056
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 14 December 2018 at 3:32PM
    P999DSO wrote: »
    After following the advice to sign up to the fuel switching service LookAfterMyBills,

Whose advice ? Certainly not from this forum

PS Very worried about the FU £30 - this barely covers 2 lots of daily standing charges @25p per day per fuel is £15

Please post your actual consumption figures for the last 12 months.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,258
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    According to their website you need to cancel a move with the new supplying company yourself. Don't leave it to LAMB.
  • Why is everyone saying a £30 DD with First Utility isn't possible? We're two people in a 3-bed house and the Cheap Energy Club says our most recent annual consumption would give us a £31/month dual fuel tariff with them. The standing charges on First Utility accounts seem to be more like 15p/day/fuel, not 25p. I can see a single person in a flat being a low user like us, especially if they're benefitting from the flat below them heating them up.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,056
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm not saying £30 a month is not possible - I'm asking that P999DSO makes doubly certain that what he is paying now is actually correct. We have seen many times on this forum that DD's have been a bad guess from the beginning and coupled with a lack of meter readings from the start as well as month by month have resulted in very large catch up bills when a reading has actually been made.

For my own part my wife and I are OAP's, there is always someone at home and our gas and electric is over £100 in the winter. My MIL lives alone, is bedridden supported by carers and her elec alone is over £30 - keeping her warm results in a sky-high gas bill.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,113
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    D_M_E wrote: »
    You also need to look at First Utility's exit fees for their tariff which you are currently on - it could cost you a fortune if they switch you away before the end of tariff if LAMB don't cover the exit fees.
    When you sign up to them they ask for end dates of any tariff you are on and will not switch until you can leave without paying the charge, 40+ day from the end of a minimum contract period would be normal, to start the move to not pay termination charges.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    I have never understood what criteria these firms use for gauging when a switch is in the consumer's best interests? I am reluctant to use the word savings as once a consumer has switched from an SVT there is little chance, at the moment, of getting a cheaper deal. My fear is that these sites are using Ofgem's rolling 12 month's cost calculation which leads to inflated costs. Moreover, as ML has pointed out, this calculation is even more flawed (if that is possible) now that Ofgem has introduced the Default Tariff Cap. Has life really got so busy that people will now leave it to A N Other to action a switch which with 5 -10 minutes work could have realised a genuine saving (cash back/shared referral fee)?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure