NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kaych wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the account needs to 'by 16 February', does it include the 16th? We are buying at the moment and don't want to open the account in case it affects our mortgage. It is possible that we will complete on the 16th Feb and just want to check if we will still be eligible for the switch offer if we apply on the 16th Feb?

Needs to what "by 16 February"?
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The relative has managed to get into his account (without the activation code) so he now knows his account number!

He is going to order the card reader and proceed from there.
  • pmatt_2
    pmatt_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    The relative has managed to get into his account (without the activation code) so he now knows his account number!

How? I currently have my customer id, sort code and card number. But without the activation code I'm doomed, no?
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    You don't have to wait for the activation code if you have your customer number and debit card you can register with that all that is missing is your account number which if you give them a ring they will tell you
  • kaych
    kaych Posts: 376 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Needs to what "by 16 February"?

Sorry, to open the account by 16th Feb, so would opening it on the 16th Feb still be OK?

How do I get the bonus?
    To get the £125 incentive, new customers must:

Apply for an eligible account by 16 February.
    Complete a full switch using NatWest's official switching service by 16 March.
    Pay in at least £1,500 by 16 March.
  • Steve_xx
    Options
    kaych wrote: »
    Sorry, to open the account by 16th Feb, so would opening it on the 16th Feb still be OK?

How do I get the bonus?
    To get the £125 incentive, new customers must:

Apply for an eligible account by 16 February.
    Complete a full switch using NatWest's official switching service by 16 March.
    Pay in at least £1,500 by 16 March.
    Yes, 16th Feb is an inclusive date for an application.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pmatt wrote: »
    I'm not complaining exactly. But the NatWest process does seem ridiculously overcomplicated — certainly compared with other banks that I've opened accounts with.

True, I'm a bank tart, but I'm willing to offer loyalty to a well-organised, customer-focussed bank. I wouldn't want to switch my TSB account because the offering is a good one (decent interest) and the process was simple and worked without a hitch. And the app works well. And they didn't even need to pay me to sign up.
    I've been with NatWest for 44 years and remain loyal because they do the basic banking really well. I cannot comment on the new customer process because I did that in 1973 in a few minutes in a suburban branch.

I can say though that if I was a new customer now, based on these 44 pages that I would probably not be very impressed. I am pleased though that the bank has not compromised its security processes to facilitate the massive surge in applications.

My only gripe is that NatWest is paying out many thousands of £125s and loyal customers get nothing.
  • Steve_xx
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    My only gripe is that NatWest is paying out many thousands of £125s and loyal customers get nothing.

You could benefit if you were to switch a non-Natwest account to your existing one!
  • pmatt_2
    pmatt_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    OK, now I am complaining.

Just called them to ask what my account number is. That seems to be the last piece in the jigsaw of getting online banking up and running.

The guy said he couldn't tell me. I'd have to go into a branch to find out.

That is frankly ridiculous.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Do you have another account that you can switch (or are you willing and able to open one)?

If so, the offer is open to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport