The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

.............and the above are the reasons for virtually all of my problems in the past and present, be it debt, weight, careers and the state of the house.:eek:

I have plans, big plans which I don't have time to pop on here right now, but I intend to use this diary to sort me out once and for all.

It's going to be fun.....a real step into the unknown.

I can't wait.:)
1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.

Comments

• Doris17
    Doris17 Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sounds very exciting. Good luck.x

"Make Everyday Count"

#77 3-6 Months Emergency Fund £2528.11/£5000

• mightyb
    mightyb Posts: 1 Newbie
    Are you serious about beating procrastination? I've been struggling with mine for the last 10 years and read countless books and self help methods. Here is what I'm having best results with. First of all, procrastination bulldozer method has worked wonders for me. I highly recommend you apply it. Secondly, whenever you have a task that takes less than 5 minutes to do, do it right away. No delays. I'm really starting to take control of my life now.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for the reply Doris17 and mightyb.

I will have to look up the bulldozer method. Procrastination is part of my personality which annoys me, but it is part of me. That mixed with disorganisation causes total chaos.

Smooth running is what I aim for.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Day two of a new start. Back to the 5am starts which I really don't like, but it does give me time in the morning g to get stuff done.

I have managed to get the washing up done this morning (it should have been done last night), and have sorted the dry washing between putting away and ironing. I'm really good at getting the washing done, just struggle with getting it finished off and put away.

More housework now then getting the little one off to school. After that I want to make some detailed plans.

• parsniphead
    This afternoon I should have been doing admin but instead I spent the time looking at what is coming up in my life and what I want to achieve.

As mentioned previously I have some big changes coming, the biggest being redundancy. I have been wanting to move on for a long time and was job hunting anyway but when the rumourmill started I decided to hang around. I have been here nearly 10 years and didn't want to miss out on redundancy money.

I have broken down the different parts into four to help me keep track of what I'm doing.

Job/Career
    Apart from the above I also work self employed very part time and this is something I have wanted to build and work at full time. As I will be paid until 3st august even though my last working day is 8th July I will be able to cover household expenses and debt payments until January by using my redundancy and salary wisely. I have decided I'm going to go for it with the business and see what happens. If things don't go as planned then I will look for another job, but at the moment work seems to be snowballing.

Home
    It's a mess, it needs loads done on it and I'm a hoarder. I have loads of clutter to sell and lots of stuff to get rid of before even thinking about improvements. A few car boots to make some cash for the home improvement pot. This is a big area which will need to register over the next few years.

Weight

I'm short 5ft 2in and I'm a little tubby 11st 11lbs. But one week ago I was 12st 2lbs so hip hip hooray. I don't eat between meal and have little interest in food so can tend to exist on bread and cheese (I love,love,love cheese). Both have been cut out this week and replaced by healthier meals and all is going in the right direction. I have also been drinking loads of water. I do not drink enough fluids and this needs to change. Anyway I'm aiming for 9st.......let's see shall we, slow and steady.

Debt
    This is the big one. Previously i was on DMP which finished two years ago and I have messed up. Back to procrastination and more so complete and utter disorganisation. Along with a bout of depression things really got out of hand. It's not an insurmountable amount but it should have been zero and I should have been facing the next three months without this worry. I'm really angry with myself but its going to be sorted and I'm aiming to be card debt free by the end of the year. I'm listing them so I can keep track over the next few months.

Card 1 V - £936.11
    Card 2 C1 - 1571.36
    Card 3 A - 2136.44
    Card 4 F - 942.00 0%

Car (my half) £2100 This was brought as a ex mobility last year. It's got four years to run payment wise and is £50 per month. We have had rust bucket after banger and the costs were adding up. This one needs to last a minimum of 10 years. It's cheap to run with £30 road tax. I've saved a fortune in running costs in one year alone compared to the others.

Mortgage (my half) £19239 This figure actually makes me happy which is very odd. Thank goodness for my lovely (or will be one day) terraced house in the Midlands.

So tonight is going to be spent doing some details cluttering and finding stuff to sell. Tomorrow more work on the business and building it up.

Strangely I'm feeling very positive at the moment and can see a good future for me and my family. This is the reason for the new diary as the previous on had some dark times.

Moving on to a new beginning is exciting and scary but I'm going to make the most of every minute.

• parsniphead
    Morning diary.

I don't work.mondays or Fridays so like to use these days as wisely as possible, especially with the little fella being at school. Today I will finish painting his room, he was helping yesterday but it was very chaotic to say he least and hardly anything got done.

Once it is done i can start moving it around, getting rid of excess furniture dumped in there and sort through the mountains of plastic carp.

I can't believe I only have four weeks, or twelve working days before I finish working where I am do good. It's not nice to be made redundant but I can't wait for start my new life full time. Mind you the work I need to complete in that time could easily fill twelve weeks. I need to get this sorted asap. I think all my lunch breaks will be work ones.

Right now. Painting. I love painting so I should get it done quickly.

• parsniphead
    It's been a funny old day today. I woke up feeling very strange, get on edge and my nerves were all a jangle. On top of that I felt sick.......nope not pregnant unfortunately. Anyway on the way to work I had to turn back.

I have sat here doing some reports and feel a bit better. I think I have so much to do before my end date it was starting to get on top of me. As much as I'm disorganised I like my work stuff done. I'm not sure why I worry so much as one of my colleagues still haven't handed in there reports from before easter yet.:eek: it seems to not be made redundant from the organisation I work for you have to consistently not do your job. I should have been more naughty I suppose.;) Anyway all but four are now done with three weeks left to complete them. Suddenly I'm feeling better. It was stress I guess this morning.

So now this afternoon I'm going to do some more work on my business. My sewing room needs a bit of a sort out and stashes need looking at. I have preached a bunch of fabric this morning and it is on the line drying.

One area to improve on is money. I have been looking at my online statement and what I have spent on takeaways and pops to the shops is ridiculous. It's DH's fault. I never used to eat them before I met him. I still find it fascinating that you can make someone deliver food to your house.:rotfl:

At least I can see where the fat is coming from. :o

Right, a bit of Dave Ramsey while I have lunch then more work.

• parsniphead
    After my wobbly start yesterday, it turned I to a productive day. Today I need to keep this going so I have a few plans.

I have already done the ironing out which just needs to be put away. I'm going to spend two hours cleaning, clearing and decluttering. Then it's back to business and making some money.

I also want to make some overpayments to my debts. Keep chipping away.

I'm halfway through rejigging my workspace to make it more useable so that needs completing too.

Finally more work on the website :eek:. I'm not very techy so this is the area i struggle with.

Time to carry on. Too much time can be spent being nosey on here.

• Thanks for the link Parsniphead - just started reading your new diary and wanted to say hi.

I absolutely admire anyone starting a new business and wish you all the best with this venture :j

As I'm still catching up... may I ask what it is you do? Is it linked to the sewing room? How wonderful to have your own sewing room.... I knit but would love to be able to sew.. maybe in the future.

So what is your sewing room like?
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Just popping in to say Hi! I love the plans for your own business! And I sympathise about the tiding of your sewing room and stash busting!! I have a sewing room too, well 1/3rd of one :cool: it is also Mr H's office and his stuff is taking over my space :eek: I'm glad your feeling abit better now, nothing like dreading going in to work to make you feel dreadful :( Stress really is a horrible condition and that is so very often misunderstood.

2016 has become a finishing off year for the House of Hinge too, I will you good luck in your journey!

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills