REMO - NRP abroad, how can I locate him?

Options
Good afternoon all!

I had a one night night stand with a guy and as a result I am now the proud mother of a little man.

The father who is German has chosen not to get involved, which is fine, however I said that I would seek child maintenance. He said that if this happens he will leave his job and the country and that I would not find him.

To be clear, there is no CSA / CMS case open for now.

What I know about the father: his full name, his nationality, his UK phone number, approximate year of birth (88 or 89), his UK address (which may have changed by now unfortunately, he was housesharing), his area of work, the region where he comes from in Germany (don't know the exact town or city).

I tried to find him on social networks such as facebook and likedin but I have not managed to trace him this way so far.

If I contact the CSA to open a case they will probably not find him if he leaves the UK (they may find where he was leaving or working but if he is gone there is not much point I suppose).

1. If he has changed of address in the UK is this an issue for the UK agencies such as CSA/CMS to find his full details? or is one of his previous addresses sufficient?

2. What can REMO do for me in this case? I have read an awful lot on it but it seems that most cases are regarding mums who already received child maintenance in the UK before the NRP moved abroad and new exactly where the NRP went.

3. It also seems (from reading other mums' experiences) that a court order is needed in the UK to be enforced abroad, can I still get the necessary documents if he is already gone?

4. I assume that if he leaves he will return to Germany as this is his home country, but I cannot be certain of this. Is there a way to trace him? Should I just make a REMO through a few countries such as Germany, France, Spain, ... and see if they can find him?

I am looking for advice as I know that a lot of mums here have already used CSA / REMO. Thanks for being honest, if you think it is not going to work I am ready to accept it, baby has a lot of love and support from myself, my family and friends

Thanks!

Comments

• MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Options
    Its not up to CMS to find people. They are not a private detective agency. Its your responsibility to open a claim against him by giving them ALL the required information including his current address. REMO is similar but more difficult. If you want to make a claim then you need to find him or hire someone to find him.

Social media is a good start. Try expanding your social media searches to his friends etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure