OR lost my expenses document.

Options
I am currently bankrupt, long story, but a big relief and hopefully a fresh start.

Anyway, I had the interview, filled in the living expenses questionnaire and heard nothing, I then received a letter saing the OR had lost my original document and could I do it again? A I legally obliged to have to fill in a second form as it was their error?

Just wondering where I stand.

Many thanks

Comments

• JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,288 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You are legally obliged to cooperate with the OR, so yes.

If you don't co-operate, they can apply to the courts to have your discharge from BR suspended until you do.
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi The_doctor

Although it is an inconvenience for you, you are obliged to cooperate with the OR. That means you'll have to complete the form again. Failure to cooperate can mean your discharge from bankruptcy is postponed.

Best wishes

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • ToxtethO'Grady
    Options
    You're are expected to co-operate with the OR as this is one of the duties of a bankrupt so if you don't they may suspend your discharge until you do...however you have a good reason to complain if they do...

My advice would be to fill in the form again and this may stand you in good stead with the OR if your budget/ expenses come up for a review again before discharge.

You can complain about it being lost and the implications for data protection and the Information Commissioner is the best source of advice around that
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,752 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_doctor wrote: »
    Am I legally obliged to have to fill in a second form as it was their error?

Just wondering where I stand.

Regardless of the legal standing the practical standing is that the OR cannot assess your circumstances without this. No matter who's error it was, do you really want an adversarial relationship with the OR?

Pragmatism will be your friend in this situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure