Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tillboy
    • By tillboy 31st Jan 18, 11:45 AM
    • 265Posts
    • 131Thanks
    tillboy
    Mortgage Audit Bureau
    • 31st Jan 18, 11:45 AM
    Mortgage Audit Bureau 31st Jan 18 at 11:45 AM
    Anybody had any dealings with Mortgage audit bureau, claim they can identify where you've been overcharged when you've had arrears etc.

Would be grateful of any feedback (not looking for opinions thx)
Page 2
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 17th Apr 18, 11:05 AM
    • 94,539 Posts
    • 62,479 Thanks
    dunstonh
    I notice posts by "Gym Swerver" that I partly quoted are now deleted...
    oh yes. Every single post he made on this thread is gone.

He was very pro their service. Guess it didnt work out.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Gym Swerver
    • By Gym Swerver 23rd Apr 18, 4:10 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gym Swerver
    Just came back to see if anyone else has had any other dealings. My claim still ongoing apparently so no further forward.

Note to 'Moneyineptitude' - I haven't deleted any of my posts. I don't know where my original post is and am not a frequent enough user here to know whether it was deleted by admin for some reason?

My situation, and opinion, on this remains the same. They are telling me I had over paid and that unless I get refunded I will not be charged a penny. I have kept every email confirming this. The terms and conditions they sent me confirm it as well so they won't be getting a dime out of me otherwise!

One thing that does concern me is the lack of success stories. (Lack meaning absolutely none). These guys are MoJ regulated so I cant believe they're pulling a fast one here. Surely it would be too costly if they were found out.

Again, 'moneyineptitude' you have found some by all accounts - could you give me a link to one/some? There is no way I am prepared to for a mortgage assessment so would like as much info about that so I can best prepare my 'get lost' response.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 23rd Apr 18, 4:14 PM
    • 18,621 Posts
    • 19,880 Thanks
    zx81
    These guys are MoJ regulated so I cant believe they're pulling a fast one here.
    Originally posted by Gym Swerver
    MoJ regulation means absolutely nothing.

It's a bit like saying 'authorised to breathe oxygen'.
    • Gym Swerver
    • By Gym Swerver 24th Apr 18, 3:46 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gym Swerver
    Would they not be risking a fine/removal of licence etc if they get caught doing anything dodgy?
    • mrginge
    • By mrginge 24th Apr 18, 5:37 PM
    • 4,627 Posts
    • 8,749 Thanks
    mrginge
    Would they not be risking a fine/removal of licence etc if they get caught doing anything dodgy?
    You haven!!!8217;t grasped the way these firms operate have you.

Hint: they don!!!8217;t care because they have already banked your cash.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 24th Apr 18, 7:02 PM
    • 94,539 Posts
    • 62,479 Thanks
    dunstonh
    You haven!!!8217;t grasped the way these firms operate have you.

Hint: they don!!!8217;t care because they have already banked your cash.
    Originally posted by mrginge
    I dont believe they have got to the stage yet where they approach GS for money to take it further.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Gym Swerver
    • By Gym Swerver 25th Apr 18, 10:05 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gym Swerver
    I've not paid them a penny yet and wont unless I get a refund first.

As soon as they ask me for anything I will be pulling the plug and thanking you lovely lot for the info and guidance you've given.
    • Contentious2791
    • By Contentious2791 16th May 18, 2:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Contentious2791
    I think I am another in a long line of people that were curious enough to click an as from the Mortgage Audit Bureau. Sure enough, within 2 weeks I received an email informing me Good News! Their 'forensic mortgage checker had 'INDICATED' my mortgage company and the 'HOPEFULLY' I could be a step closer to getting my money back! The wording of the email made me think. So I asked the question we all seem to have done, HOW MUCH?! Of course they weren't able to give me an exact figure other than the solicitors would not touch a case less than £10,000 and that the solicitors would confirm the figure once I had signed the No Won - No Fee Agreement. Hmmm. That's when I did a search and cam across this thread as having read the agreement, yet sure enough there is the 25%+VAT fee but there is also a £25+VAT admin fee + a potential Barristers fee and associated admin fees. My suspicious mind is telling me once / if I won the case I would probably end up owing more than the over payment. What is to stop me going to my mortgage company and asking them directly? Sorry I am not providing any new information. At the moment I am not signing the agreement!
    • zx81
    • By zx81 16th May 18, 2:45 PM
    • 18,621 Posts
    • 19,880 Thanks
    zx81
    What is to stop me going to my mortgage company and asking them directly?
    Originally posted by Contentious2791
    Nothing. That's the whole point.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 16th May 18, 3:00 PM
    • 94,539 Posts
    • 62,479 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Bet you were not able to find any success stories either. Every thread I have seen starts of with people hopeful, pretty much told the same thing but then dies with no followup. People who succeed tend to post the outcomes. Especially when they have been told by forum posters that it wont get anywhere. People who fail to succeed generally don't return to confirm it. Especially if they have been caught for payments they were warned about.
    • Gym Swerver
    • By Gym Swerver 30th May 18, 5:06 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gym Swerver
    Further update from them. Just had an email advising my claim is below their criteria. The amount they found is too low now to warrant a claim. Would cost me more than the amount found apparently. My claim has been closed. I haven't paid them anything and they refer to my signing the Conditional Fee Agreement confirming the no win, no fee promise.
    Although it looks like I am not getting a refund - so will cancel the holiday/new car - I can't see that they've any way of getting money from me.
    I've been advised to keep hold of the CFA copy as well as all emails from them confirming the no win, no fee guarantee for a few months, so will do this.
    Be interesting to see if anyone else has similar responses.
    • tillboy
    • By tillboy 31st May 18, 2:09 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    tillboy
    Further update from them. Just had an email advising my claim is below their criteria. The amount they found is too low now to warrant a claim. Would cost me more than the amount found apparently. My claim has been closed. I haven't paid them anything and they refer to my signing the Conditional Fee Agreement confirming the no win, no fee promise.
    Although it looks like I am not getting a refund - so will cancel the holiday/new car - I can't see that they've any way of getting money from me.
    I've been advised to keep hold of the CFA copy as well as all emails from them confirming the no win, no fee guarantee for a few months, so will do this.
    Be interesting to see if anyone else has similar responses.
    Is this from the solicitors?

Seems odd the company would do any audit, identify there was a sufficient claim to pass to solicitors, muck customer around by signing a CFA and then tell them there is no claim. Either they are working some angle or they are just incompetent... or maybe this is just a made up post intended to show people there is no risk - whichever the answer itís all a bIt shady and underhand
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 31st May 18, 2:13 PM
    • 20,981 Posts
    • 11,756 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    maybe this is just a made up post intended to show people there is no risk
    Originally posted by tillboy
    I've voiced this suspicion several times already on this thread.

(I've also said I won't be bumping this company's name to the top of the forum again, but there you go.

I'd like to think this thread serves as a warning rather than an advert..)
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 31st May 18, 2:37 PM
    • 94,539 Posts
    • 62,479 Thanks
    dunstonh
    I wonder if they have guessed who Gym Swerver is in real life and the posts made here. We know they look at these threads. So, pulling out effectively shuts the thread down because it didnt get anywhere.

The deleted posts in the thread make it difficult to track. However, they knew the mortgage balance and lender right at the start. If they have had successful cases with a lender, then they will know before they start if there is an issue or not. They will also know the ones where tere are no issues. With the mortgage balance, they will know the ballpark amounts where there are issues.

So, this stringing out and giving hope and then shutting down doesn't seem to fit with expectation.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 31st May 18, 8:52 PM
    • 20,981 Posts
    • 11,756 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    I wonder if they have guessed who Gym Swerver is in real life and the posts made here. We know they look at these threads.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    That assumes the poster is actually a customer of this firm in "real life", of course.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,074Posts Today

7,750Users online

Martin's Twitter