Mortgage Audit Bureau

Options
124»

Comments

• tillboy
    tillboy Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    Further update from them. Just had an email advising my claim is below their criteria. The amount they found is too low now to warrant a claim. Would cost me more than the amount found apparently. My claim has been closed. I haven't paid them anything and they refer to my signing the Conditional Fee Agreement confirming the no win, no fee promise.
    Although it looks like I am not getting a refund - so will cancel the holiday/new car - I can't see that they've any way of getting money from me.
    I've been advised to keep hold of the CFA copy as well as all emails from them confirming the no win, no fee guarantee for a few months, so will do this.
    Be interesting to see if anyone else has similar responses.

Is this from the solicitors?

Seems odd the company would do any audit, identify there was a sufficient claim to pass to solicitors, muck customer around by signing a CFA and then tell them there is no claim. Either they are working some angle or they are just incompetent... or maybe this is just a made up post intended to show people there is no risk - whichever the answer it’s all a bIt shady and underhand
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    tillboy wrote: »
    maybe this is just a made up post intended to show people there is no risk
    I've voiced this suspicion several times already on this thread.

(I've also said I won't be bumping this company's name to the top of the forum again, but there you go. :o

I'd like to think this thread serves as a warning rather than an advert..)
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wonder if they have guessed who Gym Swerver is in real life and the posts made here. We know they look at these threads. So, pulling out effectively shuts the thread down because it didnt get anywhere.

The deleted posts in the thread make it difficult to track. However, they knew the mortgage balance and lender right at the start. If they have had successful cases with a lender, then they will know before they start if there is an issue or not. They will also know the ones where tere are no issues. With the mortgage balance, they will know the ballpark amounts where there are issues.

So, this stringing out and giving hope and then shutting down doesn't seem to fit with expectation.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    I wonder if they have guessed who Gym Swerver is in real life and the posts made here. We know they look at these threads.
    That assumes the poster is actually a customer of this firm in "real life", of course.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure