Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    2 rooms to go. Trucking along.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Calfuray wrote: »
    2 rooms to go. Trucking along.

It will be worth it. Currently building the furniture for our last room of 2017 :)
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    It will be worth it. Currently building the furniture for our last room of 2017 :)

Consider me quite jealous. :D I don't know how you did it when I was reading your diary before, my arms/neck/back ache from filling and sanding the ceiling, painting all walls and ceiling, getting up and down stepladders to cut in around ceiling and windows, etc etc.

Congrats on all your hard work getting to the point you are making the last furniture of 2017!
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I was a bit !!!! about sanding, but other than that just lots of time, calories and coffee ;)

Tonight's project was adding motion sensing LED lighting to the cupboards - I like to think GG would be proud of me :D
  • Tonight's project was adding motion sensing LED lighting to the cupboards - I like to think GG would be proud of me :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    1 room to go. Last room took us a lot of time, we had to fill and sand on ceiling, paint behind/around boiler pipes, fit some new tiles (tile cutters are fun!), go from a dark colour to a light colour on walls.

Last room has been our workshop for doing the other rooms so we need to clear everything out and then paint it. We have a final list of everything that needs done, getting there.

We had an estate agent out yesterday, who wants us to get it on the market by next week. He quoted us a good valuation price, I'm just wary of putting it too high and languishing on the market too long. Either way, need to hurry up and finish the house before we can do anything.

Ed - maybe you will know the answer to this. I've read on the house selling boards people talking about contracts with estate agents and negotiating the length of the contract. Is that only for a no-win no-fee type situation? Do we have anything like that in Scotland? Sorry if I'm not making sense, tired. Any advice you have about selling your old place would be great.

Off to go clean some more, overdue a diary catch up! Hope all are well,
    Cal :)
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Well, it's done. After a mad dash to finish painting and get a carpet in, all rooms are now done, and estate agent was round for pictures, and surveyor round to do Home Report. I got the draft description to look at and I feel the pictures look really good, I'm happy.

Now the waiting begins!

I'm kind of at a loss for what to do having the first night without DIY or cleaning to do :o Pot of tea it is.

Cheers! :beer:
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    It's up for sale! :eek::o
  • Exciting times cal! :beer:
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Calfuray wrote: »
    It's up for sale! :eek::o

Wow !! Exciting times ahead
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure