Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    lstar337 wrote: »
    The saving you are making with Zog is far more than any interest you would be earning. ;)

Agreed. I am guessing that the OP may have been with FU which does offer variable monthly DDs on dual fuel contracts. A quick check on MSE shows that I would pay £28 per year more for my gas than I am paying with Zog R(£271 pa). For me, it is a 'no brainer' to stay with Zog.
  • thelight
    thelight Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm not arguing that Zog are not cheap compared to other providers, or that I am planning on leaving. This was just to feed back that I would prefer the service operated a different way
  • RavingMad
    RavingMad Posts: 516 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Quick question - what happens if I use more gas than estimated? I've only just signed up and will soon be paying £25pm. How do they deal with any differences?

Thanks
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    RavingMad wrote: »
    Quick question - what happens if I use more gas than estimated? I've only just signed up and will soon be paying £25pm. How do they deal with any differences?

Thanks
    They review the direct debit every six months.

I would suggest giving monthly meter readings, then check the credit/debit amount on each monthly bill. If you are using more than planned, you could always ask them to up the payment earlier than the six month review.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thelight wrote: »
    Yes I understand how most energy companies work, I just dislike it and would rather be billed in the same way as I am for my mobile phone usage

Then why did you switch to Zog, which do not offer what you want, but operate "how most energy companies work" ??? :huh:

If you understood it, you should have looked for a supplier that offers what you want, not switch to one that doesn't and then complain they don't offer you what you want. :cool:
  • thelight
    Because it was the cheapest for me at the time. I can disagree with how the company and industry in general works and be a customer at the same time.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Because it was the cheapest for me at the time. I can disagree with how the company and industry in general works and be a customer at the same time.

Genuine feedback is valued by all customer-facing organisations; however, whilst you have moderated your views in recent posts, you have accused Zog of stealing on a public forum. The truth is that Zog was just following the terms and conditions of a contract that you signed up to when you decided to switch. FWiW, most energy suppliers no longer offer variable DD tariffs. I suspect that there is very little demand for them. Fixed monthly DD payments with a half yearly review suit most domestic energy customers.

If you want cheap energy then you have to accept that smaller suppliers operate the business in a way that keeps operating costs to a minimum.

Would you be willing to pay more for the variable DDs that you so desperately seem to want?
  • Robin Hood Energy take variable DD's, or at least they do for electricity, so might be worth looking if its that important to you.

Zog's DD for gas works well for us, and has done now since just after they started up.
  • thelight
    Hengus wrote: »
    Genuine feedback is valued by all customer-facing organisations; however, whilst you have moderated your views in recent posts, you have accused Zog of stealing on a public forum. The truth is that Zog was just following the terms and conditions of a contract that you signed up to when you decided to switch. FWiW, most energy suppliers no longer offer variable DD tariffs. I suspect that there is very little demand for them. Fixed monthly DD payments with a half yearly review suit most domestic energy customers.

If you want cheap energy then you have to accept that smaller suppliers operate the business in a way that keeps operating costs to a minimum.

Would you be willing to pay more for the variable DDs that you so desperately seem to want?

My opinions are unchanged and would apply to any company who bill in this way. I would prefer that the regulator mandate that billing has to be done this way. If that meant generally higher prices across the board then yes I would.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My opinions are unchanged and would apply to any company who bill in this way. I would prefer that the regulator mandate that billing has to be done this way. If that meant generally higher prices across the board then yes I would.
    How do you feel in the winter, when your usage exceeds the monthly payments. Do you feel that you are 'stealing' from the gas supplier, as you feel they are doing to you at other times of the year?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback