anyone have a think bank account? ThinkMoney

Seen internet bank online called ThinkMoney, no credit check bank account for IVA, bankrupt etc... looks good.

Comments

• Deep_In_Debt
    Deep_In_Debt Posts: 8,579 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    A montly fee of £14.50 doesn't sound very appealing!

There are basic bank accounts that you can get without paying a monthly fee - Co-op Cashminder is one and is BR friendly so an IVA should be ok.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • artnoble
    artnoble Posts: 879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have one,

although there is a fee there customer service is excellent and it does help me with my money.

I get paid weekly and it takes a bit from my account each week and when my direct debit are due each month there is always enough money to cover them.
    Watch this space.... Will update soon!
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Don't for one second think that they are actually doing you a favour. £150 a year is extortionate and way more than even a main stream current account with benefits costs. Nope, it's all about fleecing the unwary...again.

Co-op, Post Office, various basic electron type accounts...all free and generally ok if you've been down the BR route.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • I don't want to bank with coop as my largest debt is with them, and if I can make extra cash ebaying I want choice as to whom I pay, I am worried about them just taking it. Same re barclays, and first direct and nat west refused me. You can't go overdrawn with think and I like that the some for bills is kept separate and your debit card only allows you access whats left... I have screwed up so often spending bills money!!! I am bipolar and occasionally have manic.. days which means shopping and ignoring any bills to be paid, have regularly defaulted on credit cards that way....
  • badger_
    badger_ Posts: 475 Forumite
    How about Nationwide Cash Card Account? They do free text alerts of available balance and current balance.

You can also withdraw money from a PO branch.
    LBM 24/05/2012 :T
    August NSD 10/12 * £2 savers
  • Deep_In_Debt
    You can't go overdrawn with a high street bank basic account as they don't come with overdrafts.

I just think that a £25 set up fee and £14.50 per month could be going towards paying your debts rather than lining their pockets when you can get an account for nothing.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
  • Deep_In_Debt
    artnoble wrote: »
    I have one,

although there is a fee there customer service is excellent and it does help me with my money.

I get paid weekly and it takes a bit from my account each week and when my direct debit are due each month there is always enough money to cover them.

But you could get the same from a basic bank account with a high street bank? Many come with online banking so you can check your balance at any time and ensure you have funds available to pay your DD's etc.

Regardless of whether you are weekly or monthly paid, it's still a chunk of money they are taking for a service that you can get for nothing.
  • I agree. I certainly wouldn't pay for an account no matter how good when i could get one for free!!
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I agree. I certainly wouldn't pay for an account no matter how good when i could get one for free!!

We've just switched to a Santander 123 account which costs £2 a month but will give us more than that in cash back!
  • Deep_In_Debt
    I don't want to bank with coop as my largest debt is with them, and if I can make extra cash ebaying I want choice as to whom I pay, I am worried about them just taking it. Same re barclays, and first direct and nat west refused me. You can't go overdrawn with think and I like that the some for bills is kept separate and your debit card only allows you access whats left... I have screwed up so often spending bills money!!! I am bipolar and occasionally have manic.. days which means shopping and ignoring any bills to be paid, have regularly defaulted on credit cards that way....

Just taking it...isn't that what Think Banking will be doing by charging you a fee on a monthly basis?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport