Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    mac2008 wrote: »
    After checking energyhive on my mobile, I text my other half to respectfully suggest she might want to do the ironing as we were exporting nearly 1.8kW. Didn't go down as well as expected TBH.

:rotfl:

LOL, what sort of reaction DID you expect? :rotfl:
  • RavingMad
    RavingMad Posts: 516 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Can I ask what time generation stops for you at this time of year? I was really hoping to get panels installed but I've come home about half an hour ago and my roof is completely shaded by next door (3 storey townhouse) Does that put a dent in my aspirations?
  • rosythfifer
    rosythfifer Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 April 2015 at 7:34PM
    Mine has dropped by 1800 ish on most days. I do have shading across part of a panel at this time though so could be caused by that.

You would need to see when shading of your roof starts, not go by when its completely covered as shading on one panel can drag the whole system down. Have a read of the shading thread. Systems exist that can help this but when the shading starts is the issue.

I did mange 6.27 Os today though.
    2.43 from 9 x 270 Trina panels. Samil solar river 2600 inverter. Due South. 30 pitch. East coast of Scotland just North of Forth bridge.
  • Andy_WSM
    RavingMad wrote: »
    Can I ask what time generation stops for you at this time of year? I was really hoping to get panels installed but I've come home about half an hour ago and my roof is completely shaded by next door (3 storey townhouse) Does that put a dent in my aspirations?

Would depend which direction your roof faces!

My system is SE facing and has an hour or so of shade in the morning from the neighbouring house. By 3pm the Sun is passing over my panels and onto the wrong side of the roof so generation declines.
  • Andy_WSM
    A Maiden + 0.42 O's for me!

6.42 O's (25.17 kWh) my best day of the year so far, following yesterdays best day of the year so far.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 April 2015 at 8:01PM
    What I get after 1800 isn't worth a lot either, but I am slightly east of south, which skews it a bit. I'm only generating 1W at the moment so just about to shut down and have made 6.36 Os today. :)

Edit: 12th best day ever and best since 8th June.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Andy_WSM wrote: »
    A Maiden + 0.42 O's for me!

6.42 O's (25.17 kWh) my best day of the year so far, following yesterdays best day of the year so far.

A Maiden +0.63 for me!

6.63 O's (26.36 kWh) Also my best day of the year so far, following yesterdays best day of the year so far!

I think Maiden is a very good choice for 6
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    6.63 O's (26.36 kWh) Also my best day of the year so far, following yesterdays best day of the year so far!
    That beats my best day ever, you must be well in line for a 7 (is that a heaven?)
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,395 Forumite
    21,600 / 3,780 >>> 5.71 Os >>> pretty good for me.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,395 Forumite
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback