Go Skippy Car insurance

Comments

• noterms
    noterms Posts: 7 Forumite
    Absolute joke of a company but they respond via email on a weekend which i thought hilarious.

Been back and forth having to supply proof of no claims via email. License information which they claim they cannot access via the code supplied but i did it fine after they told me they could not access it. Again i have sent them another due to it expiring after one use.

This has been going on for a week nearly and in each email they state my policy will be cancelled by 17/07 if they do not get these documents. However i am sending them and they deny being able to access them. I am keeping all copies of emails just in case something goes wrong here.

What are my options as i have paid the deposit already. Will i lose this?

Wish i had stuck with esure now as they were hassle free.
  • Borage
    Borage Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    An update to an old thread : Went to Go Compare for a car insurance quote on the 6th August and GoSkippy came up the cheapest with £410.19p which was to start from the 10th August. Got my car earlier than expected on the 7th so wanted the insurance to start on the 7th instead of the 10th and the price jumped up to £589.67 when i was going to pay . I did tick a box wrong on my first quote which i amended that said the car had Thatcham alarm instead of factory fitted but even so thats £179.48p to start 3 days earlier !! . Here is the email i got when i complained : Dear Mr …………..

Quote reference: ………….
    I have today received feedback from the underwriter and therefore they have also identified differences between the quotes our end from PC1 to PC5.

The Alarm/Immobiliser is different in both.
    PC1 was quoted on 06/08/2017 to begin on 10/08/2017.
    PC5 was quoted on 07/08/2017 to begin 07/08/2017.

The reason for the high increase on PC5 would be because you have chosen to begin the policy that very day.

However for the policy to start 4 days after purchase there would be a discount applied.

Please note that the Insurer has confirmed that you are now insured with Covea Insurance and I trust this explains everything.

Kind Regards,

Curtis Mohanlal
  • I still always skip fast the bottom feeding unknown insurers and go with the next best quote from the known insurers.
  • This company came up cheapest on go compare by about 20% so I followed the link to get full policy details. I then checked all of my detiails,car ,address, NCD etc and noticed that they valued my car well above market so I corrected this reducing it by about £1000.00. Amazingly the quoted price then rose by about £50.00. I went back in and changed the cars estimated value back to the figure provide by Go Skippy and guess what, the quote went up by a further £50.00 so they are no longer the cheapest. All seems to be a bit dodgy to me.
  • zak2012
    zak2012 Posts: 326 Forumite
    if you want protect your no claim bouns with goskippy car insurance, how much they charge you? i.e if you want protect 4 years no claim?
  • jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Most of the bad reviews on this thread are by users with one or two accounts, I cant trust that the bad reviews are true
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    jb66 wrote: »
    Most of the bad reviews on this thread are by users with one or two accounts, I cant trust that the bad reviews are true

Do you work for Go Skippy?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/goskippy.com

https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/gc-goskippy

Baring in mind reviews for price or no problems buying are pointless, it is when you need to claim and customer service are more important
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Like death and taxes, car insurance is unavoidable if you want to keep your vehicle on the road and the right side of the law.

Fortunately, calling round dozens of insurers for a quote has been consigned to history - with GoCompare you only need to fill out a single form with your personal information, details of your car and any extra drivers you want to put on your policy.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Like death and taxes, car insurance is unavoidable if you want to keep your vehicle on the road and the right side of the law.

Fortunately, calling round dozens of insurers for a quote has been consigned to history - with GoCompare you only need to fill out a single form with your personal information, details of your car and any extra drivers you want to put on your policy.

So you are working for GO Compare as well?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Anyone thinking of taking a policy with go skippy due to their exceptionally low prices think again! After being advised on spending more on a reputable company, which I knew should have been the sensible option, I went with the low price option. What I happened to miss was the £70 "Brokers Fee" that gets added to your policy as there is a third party involved.
    No mention of this in the quote but it is in the terms and condition which gets sent just before you confirm payment. (even though it's not shown on the final premium cost!) For anyone paying a deposit/Instalments you should expect the "Brokers Fee" to be withdrawn along with your deposit.
    Surprisingly there's nothing they can do once you've made payment and with the charge of the cancellation and cool off period it's not worth the hassle of cancelling.Small print is a bi*ch
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure