Tescos Credit Card - Default

Hi,

My mum got into quite some trouble a while ago, and I convinced her to go to the CCCS, who have been excellent.

Trouble is, she is still being harrassed by Capital One - I wrote a letter to them explaining the legalitites of phoning her and harrassing her after we had asked them not to, and they have stopped calling - for the time being.

The thing is that she has now just recieved a default notice from Tesco credit card, even though she is paying (through the CCCS).

Should she just ignore the letter?

Technically, I believe that this is not a default - she is actually paying them money each month.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• she has still defaulted on original agreement and is paying reduced payments, that is why they issue defaults.
    it will stay on credit file for 6 years but when paid will be marked as satisfied.
  • yer thats right. if you make a cccs offer they have to issue defaults. as a default is a legal process they have to send out the letters despite the fact that she is with cccs. the default will say the debt is going to a debt collector, but most companys (correct me if im wrong) keep accounts that are with the cccs in house
  • It's perfectly normal, when I was with CCCS I received default notices from my creditors.
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • The same happened with me. Over the course of 3 years 2 of my debts with IF have been defaulted when they passed to a Debt Collection Agency (who accepted the payment plan). It's standard, because you have not kept to the original agreement and so they're well within their rights to issue defaults.

Good side - if you're making payments through CCCS to them, you're not being threatened with CCJs etc, and once the debt is paid, it's marked as satisfied.

I do have one question though to anyone out there? If you have been making payments on a default for more than 6 years, does it disappear from your credit file? Even though they could still pursue you for the debt?
    Lightbulb moment - October 2005
    Debt at highest - £97,000 :eek:

Debt now (15/06/07) - £83,908.47 (still :eek: but every little helps!)
    Debtfree Date - 2015 (but working on it)!

2007 Comp Challenge - £360/£0 (I have no luck with winning!)
  • A default will drop off your file after 6 years whether satisfied or not.
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport