Notification of end of contract legality

soffie
soffie Posts: 48 Forumite
We have apparently come to end of its deal. We was never alerted at all-
£32-£47!!! Shocker when looked at bank. No notification at all. How legal is this? Want to know before i send out a complaint :p

Comments

• JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,478 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I guess you're talking about a phone contract. YOU are supposed to be in control of it and know when it ends.
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • soffie
    soffie Posts: 48 Forumite
    Its Broadband. I need to do a complaint need to know legally where i stand
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    soffie wrote: »

What do you intend to complain about exactly?

Your contract has ended, you would have been told at the time you took it that your price is £x a month for 6/12/18/24 months and after that it would be going up. The fact you took no action, the discount ended and you and fell into the out of contract prices is not the fault of the provider.

If you don't like the new prices phone them up and get a new deal and/or contract or move to another provider.

This situation of not notifying about contracts due to end will not change until February next year.
    https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/firms-must-tell-customers-about-best-deals
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

Legally you don't have a leg to stand on, you were on a discounted deal and it ended, putting you on (presumably) a rolling monthly deal.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,961 Forumite
    £32-£47!!! Shocker when looked at bank. No notification at all. How legal is this? Want to know before i send out a complaint :p
    You were alerted when you initially signed up for the contract. You have no grounds for complaint.

If you routinely forget about this stuff you could try signing up with one of the many providers that do not offer introductory discount periods.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite

You can issue a complaint to yourself for not putting a reminder on a calendar of when the deal was coming to an end so you knew when to start shopping around ;)
  • owen_money
    owen_money Posts: 764 Forumite
    Always someone else's fault :)
    One man's folly is another man's wife. Helen Roland (1876 - 1950)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure