Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,897 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all!

Feeling particularly chirpy this morning as I got up and did yoga and podcast :D Am just about to make a cuppa and crack on with some work. This afternoon I'm meeting Mum at JL for our free cuppa and cake. I need to do some other bits in that town, so it will work well (including picking up loo roll in WR - they sent me a £2 off voucher!).

Also picking up some spray paint from a lady on freecycle, as the Brownies (unbeknown to them) will be turning baby food jars into bath salts for their mums - I'll spray the lids of the jars so they look more gifty. I love freecycle, although I rarely ask for anything, it's great when it works in that way. I'm usually getting shot of stuff!

MS things:
    * Started listed DVDs on the Bay. MM wanted £1.82 in total, whereas I think I'll be able to get a few pence more for them. If not, I'd rather give them to charity (I have a feeling there's a minimum of £5 on MM anyway? I've never actually used it.)
    * PA survey for £5 - balance now at £15.
    * VB poll and MS rewards. Swago on SBs, so will earn a few extras there.

NY resolutions:
    * Terrible 5k steps yesterday :o
    * I was out, have no idea about kitty playtime - whoops! :o
    * Yoga and podcast done this morning:T

Gratitudes:
    * Looking forward to cuppa and cake with mum and she's invited me for dinner as DH is away with work
    * Lots of work
    * My lovely house! :D

Have a good day all!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Congrats on getting under £100K MV! x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    Feeling particularly chirpy this morning as I got up and did yoga and podcast :D Am just about to make a cuppa and crack on with some work. This afternoon I'm meeting Mum at JL for our free cuppa and cake. I need to do some other bits in that town, so it will work well (including picking up loo roll in WR - they sent me a £2 off voucher!).

Also picking up some spray paint from a lady on freecycle, as the Brownies (unbeknown to them) will be turning baby food jars into bath salts for their mums - I'll spray the lids of the jars so they look more gifty. I love freecycle, although I rarely ask for anything, it's great when it works in that way. I'm usually getting shot of stuff!

* Looking forward to cuppa and cake with mum and she's invited me for dinner as DH is away with work
    * Lots of work
    * My lovely house! :D

Have a good day all!
    Blissful :j :T :A this all sounds lovely!

The first time I ever asked for anything on freecycle was for a charity donation going off to Africa, and it felt really good.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • themadvix
    Options
    Thanks Jess, although it was a while ago now - just repeating it in my annual mortgage statement round up.

Karma - I donated some bits to a refuge via Freecycle at Christmas - that felt really good too (and I felt super virtuous as I regifted some Guylian chocolates which I'd been given - I love them, so it was hard to part with them, but I really didn't need more chocolate at the time and knowing they'd be really appreciated meant I felt I'd benefited from the gift to me, IYSWIM).

It does sound like a good day - I like a mix of work and other jobs, so hopefully this week will be more balanced than last week in that respect.

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Hi MadVix - just catching up. You are doing really well getting the house sorted and paying down your mortgage to sub £100k. I love to see all the small things that you do that really add up.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    And well done to be still so on target with the resolutions!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done getting under the £100k :T
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How was the coffee and cake? We used ours on Monday and shared a neon meringue slice- it was just delicious :D
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How well have you done this month only just going over the £75 wow ,wow and the mortgage now under the hundred thousand double wow,wow and a lovely house into the bargain ,how will you bear to leave it
  • themadvix
    edited 22 February 2018 at 2:43PM
    Options
    Afternoon All!

It's been a manic couple of days, and I'm just catching up because lunch with friends has been postponed until Monday. Thanks everyone for popping in!

Kitten - the cake was delicious! In fact, we split the two cakes between us and mum didn't manage all of hers (so in true MSE fashion she took the last bit home for pud!)

Earthgirl - I'm not sure I'm doing all that well, but definitely making them public helps my motivation! I guess anything is progress compared to last year.

Try Harder - Yes, I'm not sure how I'm going to bear to leave it and 'start again' (because we'll no doubt want space more than decor, so it's likely to be another doer-upper!). I'm just enjoying it at the moment :)

Went to the blue furniture shop yesterday with sis and niece. Spent a very respectable £17.50 (plus lunch - oops) and got everything that was on my list. They have a nice sit/stand desk there too, which I'll be purchasing for work in the near future (when work savings are sufficient). This will replace the (lovely white chipboard) desk I inherited at the age of 4 from the people whom my parents bought our family home from. It's been through two house moves and is a bit Trigger's broom - new top, new drawer handles etc. It's certainly done well! I'll probably freecycle it to another home too.

I returned to catch up with planned work to find confusing emails and more work from Americans. And then more came in overnight, all of it urgent, of course. It's great to be busy, but steadier would be nice! :rotfl:

MS things:
    * MS rewards, VB poll done; SBs minimal effort
    * Work
    * One of the items listed on Ebay sold, but have yet to parcel it up and send it... needs to go today really

NY resolutions:
    * terrible steps yesterday, despite Ikea - wonder if pushing trolley minimised counting.
    * Podcast y'day done

Gratitudes:
    * Kitty curled up on lap as I type (hence baad typing!)
    * DH is home tonight :)
    * Death in Paradise to watch tonight!
    * Lots of work

Have a good afternoon all!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback