PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Well NSD number 3 nearly over now :j

Cleaned the house from top to bottom, roasted a chicken and stripped it (carcass awaiting a good simmer for stock ;)) baked some cakes and wrote myself a nice itinerary for when I start my new job next week. :D

I am now writing a small shopping list for tomorrow, and I *will* be sticking to it :cool:
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • tracey12_2
    Options
    Savysaver wrote: »
    This is going to sound really daft but I read last night about the 2nd purse idea and at time thought it was a great idea. So rushed off to grab receipts and started one.
    After a bad day at work and hardly any sleep, I have now forgotten how it works and can't find where it was explained in the forum.

Please please could someone help. :o

The post is number 6 on this thread - mothership 2nd purse system.

Sorry don't know how to do a link

Tracey
    Officially debt free :j
  • Savysaver
    Options
    Thanks for that tracey12.

Was beginning to lose the plot after spending hours trying to find it.

:D
    Jan 2012 GC £600/£78.33 Spent
    2nd Purse £20.00

:hello:
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i really need to think about a 2nd purse because i'm always stocking up out of my budget like now i just bought 150 fishfingers :o that and 2 litres of milk cost £11.14, will update my sig now
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • 69chick
    69chick Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    nsd today, need as many as possible at the moment ds back at school 2 days and already we have a school trip to pay for!!

will read back and catch up with everyone later, not feeling as in control of things at the moment, being on here regularly really helps with that...

Thanks to those that keep this thread going...you are all stars :T
    Starting with Avon C6 target sales £150.00
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Evening all:) Few pages to catch up on .....

Anyway, a small grocery spend today of £4.15!

Popped to Home Bar*gains as I was going to I*kea which is very close so it seemed silly not too!

Got another 3 bags of Tilda rice (99p for 1kg:D) and 2 tins of Evaporated Milk (59p each).

Went to I*kea for fleeces to line the curtains and managed to walk out only buying the 2 I wanted = £3.18.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say this:o, but I'm really chuffed that I managed to go into both stores and only get what I wanted (instead of ending up buying loads of extras) ....... maybe I've turned a corner!:)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    spent £1.50 on wraps today

will catch up tomorrow
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    A NSD today which is great as I have about £170 of shopping coming tomorrow, that is the staples of the meal plan for the month and a stock up on nappies and wipes, still need dog food, rabbit bedding, baby food (boots 3 for 2) and oh's red bull (a very big annoyance) so still more to spend and have the school dinners to pay for. Really trying to come under budget as second car needs mot and tax in october.

Question for parents, my four year old is having school dinners (although she has today said she sometimes wants to take sandwiches like the other kids) obviously this means she is getting a hot meal so what should I give her for tea (I prepare it and my dad gives her it so has to be easy) in the holidays she would have sandwiches for lunch and something warm for tea so therefore should i reverse this and give her sandwiches at tea time?
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • runnerbean17
    Options
    Made a plum crumble tonight - starting to get used to this cooking lark :rotfl: Kids were quite happy with it and so was the DH so if it gets the fingers up from them I'll def be making it again :)
    Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend...

• poppy-glos
    Options
    £3.69 in tesco (2 tubs of icecream and yellow sticker 3 x herbs and two loaves of bread for the 69p), and lidls shop of 12 x 2 litres diet freeway, and peppers, cucumbers, carrots, and bananas £10.43. need to work hard not to overspend as have 30£ available for next seven days. will aim for four nsd in the next week :)
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure