Xiaomi savings

Options
flashg67
flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
Those looking for a new phone may want to check out Xiaomi's sale at https://event.mi.com/uk/sales2019/summer-sale-round2
If you create an account, there's extra savings. The Mi8 64gb works out at £209 - if 64gb is enough for you, and you are happy with last year's model, this is a steal
I have the 128gb version and it's been fab so far

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    flashg67 wrote: »
    Those looking for a new phone may want to check out Xiaomi's sale at https://event.mi.com/uk/sales2019/summer-sale-round2
    If you create an account, there's extra savings. The Mi8 64gb works out at £209 - if 64gb is enough for you, and you are happy with last year's model, this is a steal
    I have the 128gb version and it's been fab so far

The Mi8 was only £199 at Argos and John Lewis last time I checked, so £209 is hardly a steal...
    ====
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 July 2019 at 3:19PM
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    The Mi8 was only £199 at Argos and John Lewis last time I checked, so £209 is hardly a steal...

Out of stock in both now
  • d123
    edited 21 July 2019 at 7:42PM
    Options
    Cisco001 wrote: »
    Out of stock in both now

No, still in stock in a number of Argos branches, use checkstocknow for your nearest branch with stock.

John Lewis has gone in and out of stock a few times over the last week or two (it was in stock last night).
    ====
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Options
    Good spot and liking the icheckstock thing - never used that before
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Options
    Watch out with Xiaomi, they install crappy apps via the back door, some completely useless in this country. Also they display ads within the built in phone apps.

I have a Mi8 Lite since Feb.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Watch out with Xiaomi, they install crappy apps via the back door, some completely useless in this country. Also they display ads within the built in phone apps.

I have a Mi8 Lite since Feb.

The Mi8 Lite uses the MIUI front end and (I think) uses their phone app and others but you can easily install the standard Google apps instead. Don't know if the original are removable but you're certainly not tied to using them.

I've got the Xiaomi A2 Lite which is an Android One device so uses the default Google apps.
  • parcival
    parcival Posts: 949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Xiaomi are about to launch a new phone. It's already available in Spain for some reason. Can't remember the number but it's Android 9 and operates under the Android one program. So it's vanilla Android with no bloatware - 249 euro's in Spain so I guess it will be on Amazon UK for about £220 soon.
  • d123
    Options
    parcival wrote: »
    Xiaomi are about to launch a new phone. It's already available in Spain for some reason. Can't remember the number but it's Android 9 and operates under the Android one program. So it's vanilla Android with no bloatware - 249 euro's in Spain so I guess it will be on Amazon UK for about £220 soon.

I presume it’s the Xiaomi Mi A3 you’re trying to talk about?
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport