Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus) Discussion

1103110321033103410351037»

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Notwithstanding the merits and demerits of cashcards, surely the most important point for readers of this thread to note is that to benefit from the UW cashcard you have to pay UW a monthly membership fee and just about the highest gas and electricity prices in UK.

The average user will pay hundreds of pounds extra per year for their gas and electricity.
  • Cardew wrote: »
    Notwithstanding the merits and demerits of cashcards, surely the most important point for readers of this thread to note is that to benefit from the UW cashcard you have to pay UW a monthly membership fee and just about the highest gas and electricity prices in UK.

The average user will pay hundreds of pounds extra per year for their gas and electricity.

Hi Cardew

As discussed earlier in the thread, it isn't necessary to have either gas or electricity from UW to be able to apply for a UW card, therefore your assertion regarding the higher cost of using gas and electricity doesn't apply. The potential savings that I have highlighted in response to Quentin's assertion that there are better cashback opportunities are still valid, even after taking the full cost of uw membership into account.

As a moneysaving site, it is surely an oversight not to mention the uw card and the pro's and con's of having one in relation to saving money.

Mike
    Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught - Sir Winston Churchill
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    As a moneysaving site, it is surely an oversight not to mention the uw card and the pro's and con's of having one in relation to saving money.

You and your colleague uw reps have constantly mentioned it here ever since it was launched. Some would say spammed rather than "mentioned".

Keggs even told us how much money he was saving using it - (even though the truth is he hasn't got one and he thinks they are "messy"!)
  • Ascaron
    Ascaron Posts: 10 Forumite
    penrhyn wrote: »
    "I will not discuss the scrupulous tactics of salesman as I abhor it in any industry and I get to see examples of it often being a business owner myself, the reps that come through my door."

?

And your point?
  • Ascaron
    Ascaron Posts: 10 Forumite
    Plushchris wrote: »

We all know its pretty much rule no.1 for a distributer to rubbish comparison sites, wouldnt want people seeing how expensive UW are would you?

Is it? You are obviously talking to the wrong people, arent you?
  • keggs
    keggs Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    Quentin wrote: »
    You and your colleague uw reps have constantly mentioned it here ever since it was launched. Some would say spammed rather than "mentioned".

Keggs even told us how much money he was saving using it - (even though the truth is he hasn't got one and he thinks they are "messy"!)

As usual you make assertions (accusations) without having any real fact (only disparate comments) to try and back up your failed arguments.

I didn't realise you slept n my spare bedroom.

Laughable as well as incredible
  • bendtoy_2
    bendtoy_2 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Is their any truth in it that Sainsburys are far from happy about some distributors targeting existing customers about the cashback card outside Sainsbury stores and putting leaflets on customers cars.
  • Due to the disruption on this thread, and the drain on resources, this thread has been closed.

A new thread has been started here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=32896445#post32896445

PLEASE, if the discussion can't be kept friendly, the new thread will be locked permanently.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure