Refund under warranty

Options
Hello,

I have recently been dealing with the return of a Google product under warranty (around 10 months into a 24 month warranty). They have told me that they cannot send a replacement but will issue a refund of the original payment. This I am OK with.

This whole process started back in August, it took them a full month to manage to get me a returns label, I sent the product and they received it shortly after (and have confirmed this receipt). I have now spent a little over 3 months chasing up the refund which they have still not issued only to be told they are having issues and escalating it to another team and will get back to me, they never get back to me I have to chase them up again and again. This has become beyond a joke now.

What I am wondering is that when it is in a warranty situation like this what are the consumer rights in relation to refunds. Are they going against my rights in taking so long to issue this refund?

I am intending to make a claim under Section 75 on my credit card for this refund soon since it has gone on for so long.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    just get the CC involved now. As long as the product was over £100 then just send them all the correspondence you have regarding the refund as proof then they will refund you right away.

No point wasting any more time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport