Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 14th Nov 19, 8:02 PM
    • 6,522Posts
    • 2,997Thanks
    LeeUK
    Amazon spread the cost instalments
    • 14th Nov 19, 8:02 PM
    Amazon spread the cost instalments 14th Nov 19 at 8:02 PM
    Do Amazon still do the 5 monthly instalments on new sim-free phones?

I paid for my Mi8 over 5 months back in February but when I look now I can't find any sim free phones on Amazon offering to spread the cost anymore.

It was a bit weird how they did it as it wasn't a credit agreement with a finance company or anything, it was just 5 equal payments taken each month from my debit card on file with Amazon.
Page 1
    • danmanchester
    • By danmanchester 15th Nov 19, 5:40 AM
    • 1,201 Posts
    • 673 Thanks
    danmanchester
    • 15th Nov 19, 5:40 AM
    • 15th Nov 19, 5:40 AM
    Yes they still do it but I think it's quite random which products they select. I've just done a search for Nokia 9 PureView at 345 outright and 5 instalments of 69 are offered on that phone.. can't see the offer for any Samsungs though.
    Also offered on the Motorola One Zoom @379 or 5 x 75.80

• cranford
    • By cranford 15th Nov 19, 3:09 PM
    • 563 Posts
    • 281 Thanks
    cranford
    • 15th Nov 19, 3:09 PM
    • 15th Nov 19, 3:09 PM
    Have a look at retailers offering PayPal such as Argos and Currys on black Friday. Then if you have a play acc you can get int free credit for 4 months for any item over 99.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 15th Nov 19, 5:19 PM
    • 6,522 Posts
    • 2,997 Thanks
    LeeUK
    • 15th Nov 19, 5:19 PM
    • 15th Nov 19, 5:19 PM
    Yes they still do it but I think it's quite random which products they select. I've just done a search for Nokia 9 PureView at 345 outright and 5 instalments of 69 are offered on that phone.. can't see the offer for any Samsungs though.
    Also offered on the Motorola One Zoom @379 or 5 x 75.80
    Originally posted by danmanchester
    It must be random who they pick too as both those phones aren't giving me the option to pay over 5 months either.

Have a look at retailers offering PayPal such as Argos and Currys on black Friday. Then if you have a play acc you can get int free credit for 4 months for any item over 99.
    Originally posted by cranford
    That's not really what I getting at. This Amazon thing isn't/wasn't a credit/finance agreement. They simply just take the payments from your debit/credit card on file, a recurring payment sort of thing. I have no desire to take out credit for a new phone or get one 'free' on a new contract.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,349Posts Today

7,794Users online

Martin's Twitter