Where to get water softener salt?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Pricehugger
    Options
    I have just contacted local plumbing supply outlet PTS branch and they quoted £7.71 including VAT for 25kg bag of Care Cube Salt Tablets approved by Culligan etc.

I can collect six bags at a time easily in my car so no need to pay for delivery.

Hope this might help others.:beer:
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,962 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    10 bags for £78 including VAT and delivery within London/ M25 from Simply Salt
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I get mine from the local plumber's merchants £8.95 for 25kg bag of tablet salt which lasts us six months (two adult household at home all day). One in September and one in April.

It's not worth the hassle of trying to save a few bob, especially as it will cost more in time and diesel to go and get it. Bulk buying is fine but 10 bags would last me 5 years and I'd have to find somewhere to store it - life's to short
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Anju74
    Options
    mattb wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to get this? Is there anywhere online? I've tried google and froogle and all I've got are dead links to the B&Q website.

The best place I found was NGS in Southampton they were the cheapest by far,and the service was excellent,I live in London and ordered on Friday morning and received my Harvey's salt blocks on Monday afternoon and not only that they sent me a FREE de-icing spreader as my order was over £75!! Most impressed with them.
    Try them : ngs.co.uk based in Southampton
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport