Plusnet horror.

Options
I signed for “ Line rental Saver” with Plusnet through The Moneysavingexpert on the 18 April 2018 and paid for the year deal in advance. £197.88
Created user name and password which were accepted then paid for it
with my debit card. All good.
Next day I had not got any confirmation email from Plusnet that I had signed on.
I got worried and checked my bank account, Plusnet is taking the money, its still pending today.
I called Plusnet to find out why no email, they wanted my User name, I gave the user name I registered with and they told me I do not have account with them!
They don’t have my name, address or email, agent told me I defineately do not have account with them!
I asked the agent how come they have my bank account number, he was not able to tell me.
I have never been with them before.
I had a webchat with an agent and he also said that I don’t have an account and wanted to sell me another deal !
I then checked Trustpilot reviews on Plusnet, I am truly shocked at the terrible feedback. Apalling.
Why does Moneysaving expert recommend this awfull company?
Can anybody advise me what to do now.
I would like to cancel this account but not able to as I don’t have an account.
Help please.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    See if you can cancel the pending payment with your Bank

If it cannot be cancelled then ask the Bank for a refund/chargeback
  • Henn
    Henn Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you.
    I spoke with my bank and asked them to stop it ,they can!!!8217;t.
    I also spoke to their fraud department who said if its fraudulent action they can do chargeback.
    £15 on my mobile to ring 0800 number, they transfer you to expensive number!
    £8 to call Plusnet customer services got me knowhere.
  • MILLIEMOGS
    MILLIEMOGS Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Plusnet customer services is a free phone number. I have called them several times over the last couple of weeks from both a landline and a mobile and never been charged.
  • Henn
    Options
    I called the 0845 number, it cost £8+ and got me knowhere.
  • Henn
    Options
    I would like to cancel the deal under the !!!8220; cooling off 14 day period!!!8221; but can!!!8217;t as I don!!!8217;t have an account number.
    I am with TalkTalk ,deal ended 15 April, they raised my broadband deal by £7 without notifying, I thought they have to tell you beforehand.
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Options
    Hold it right there....
    Henn wrote: »
    I am with TalkTalk ,deal ended 15 April, they raised my broadband deal by £7 without notifying, I thought they have to tell you beforehand.
    Are you actually with TalkTalk? If so how do you expect to be paying Plusnet for Line Rental Saver? No wonder they say they can't find your account - you don't have one with them unless you signed up for the line and broadband too as a transfer.
  • Henn
    Options
    I am at present with TalkTalk but signed through MSE for Plusnet Line saver deal which has free Broadband!
    Paid one year in advance and should get cheque back for £75 !
    I took screen shots of the pages I signed and one page says !!!8220; Because of the type of line you have you would normally have to pay £35 to transfer your number to our network.
    As a limited time offer however, we will cover this cost for you so please complete your order!!!8221; which I did.
    On the payment page it says after I paid £197.88 Thanks for paying.
    Also my user name and password set up at same time was accepted.
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Options
    Ah OK that makes more sense to me now. I thought you were on TT but just paying Plusnet linesaver.

So it's a naffed up order. I've seen a number of gripes about some MSE deal or other not working so really can't say who I think is in the wrong here. I hope you can get it sorted out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure