Watching f1

This isn't quite money saving, more can I actually get what I want ANYWHERE!

I enjoy f1 but increasingly struggle to watch 'live'. Sometimes I am at friends, family, on business - be it UK, EU or sometimes elsewhere

I pay for sky sports f1 and are generally happy with the coverage, but I cannot watch FULL programming remotely as skygo typically only offers highlights of qualifying and/or the race rather than the complete programme. Skygo accessed by sky+ DOES have almost everything (a few omissions - last week there was a missing 30 mins+ inc. grid walk), but can only be watched in-home. Obviously mostly I record in any case.

I don't have SkyQ but don't believe it will be any different?

Adding a sling box is one option - ie streaming the video VIA ANALOGUE

I also have virgin TV, but mostly for broadband.. in my first year and it was a no brainer to try it out. Works well but I don't pay for sports. From what I understand whilst with the right package you can watch sky sports f1 on the box, all catchup is via skygo, and so the limitations are broadly the same as above

I'm aware of Now.TV but assume this is like sky except without the download option - only streaming/skygo

Then we have the new f1 channel with will PROBABLY be the best option - subject to billing address/VPN needs!!

is it really too much to be able to ask to PAY for a service where I can watch the full race live, on my phone/tablet/laptop/tv, or 'delayed' (ie +60' minutes), or catchup at any time in the following 2 weeks!!

Any thoughts welcome
What goes around - comes around
give lots and you will always recieve lots

Comments

• Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    OP, you can watch live (streamed) via Now TV from any of your registered devices wherever you are if you have the sports pass. They were doing a 9 month pass for Sky sports on Now TV for £150, not sure if it is still available. If you wanted to just watch the race live, you can get a day pass for about £7. Other than that, I'm no help.
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    Other than pay through the nose do what I usually do now, avoid all radio and tV news and watch Channel 4 highlights on Sunday afternoon. Its easy enough to do that
    .Got to admit the Chinese GP was excellent and worth the small trouble avoiding sports news or radio 5 live. Could be a good year this year on F1 if it carries on like this with three teams pretty close on times
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You can watch live f1 via the Sky go app. I did it for the Bahrain GPS as I had to work.

Menu - Sport - Live sport. All the live sports channels are there
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport