Fun & Games - PIP

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Really? I could have sworn i read at some point he didn't think he'd qualify for any PIP award.

He's read his paperwork now!
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,852
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    NeilCr wrote: »
    He's read his paperwork now!
    :rotfl::rotfl:couldn't resist sorry.
  • CTcelt1988 wrote: »
    Actually Rockingbilly, it should depend on whether you need the money or not.
    But the Regulations don't specify that at all. All they say is that if you meet enough descriptors to get enough points you get the award. The award is for a fixed amount whether that be too little for your extra costs or too much. Personally I don't have any extra costs over and above what I would pay out whether I was disabled or not. I would be extremely surprised to find that I am not the only claimant in that position. [/COLOR

If you don't, why go go through with a demeaning assessment just so you can give your money away to your grandchildren when you don't need it yourself?
    You could also say why bother claiming ANY benefit if the money is not needed. However there were two Prime Ministers (one Labour and another a Conservative) that claimed DLA for their children - should they have not claimed it?

There's people out there who genuinely need pip but are being refused. It !!!!es me of when people like you clearly don't need it.
    If they are refused the benefit AND need the money then they should appeal. I too will appeal only because I believe that they have made a bad decision.

You contradict yourself in your post by saying less people should get it, yet you yourself won't use the money for your own benefit if you got PIP.
    I was comparing DLA to PIP. Come on you have to admit that DLA was abused to a ridiculous extent. When I claimed it was a self assessed claim with the only input coming from my GP who had no idea what my difficulties were and sent a report to the DWP based entirely on what I told him they were.The costs were getting out of control.

Do you not realise that if people didn't need the money, it would instead go to people who genuinely need it?
    And how do you come to that conclusion? Do you honestly believe that if companies paid more tax the government would increase the PIP awards?

It appears that you have a warped opinion as to how the system works. The amount paid is the same as it was for DLA So how did they come up with the level of awards. I believe it is not based on anything - it was a figure that the government thought would appease the public then they deducted 10% for good measure. There is no scientific calculation involved.
    What I do not agree with is a situation were people who get such an award go on to get more money because of that award when claiming a means tested benefit. I still don't understand why there are these extra disability premiums.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    It appears that you have a warped opinion as to how the system works. The amount paid is the same as it was for DLA So how did they come up with the level of awards. I believe it is not based on anything - it was a figure that the government thought would appease the public then they deducted 10% for good measure. There is no scientific calculation involved.
    What I do not agree with is a situation were people who get such an award go on to get more money because of that award when claiming a means tested benefit. I still don't understand why there are these extra disability premiums.
    Now who's opinion is warped?? You're moaning and having a go at those that claim disability premiums when you were claiming DLA BUT was giving it to your kids?? Something isn't quite right here or is it me just reading it wrong?
  • poppy12345 wrote: »
    Really? I could have sworn i read at some point he didn't think he'd qualify for any PIP award.
    Yes Poppy that was my initial thought at the start. The descriptors are so narrow that I just couldn't see where I would get any points from. Then I was told that I should not read them as they are but look at them from a different angle.

Question: can I walk more than 20 metres - yes - fact.
    But could I walk that distance without being in pain - no
    Would I have to stop part way -yes
    Could I do it repeatedly - no
    Would it take longer than twice the average time - yes

So the fact is that I could walk more than 20 metres if you disregard how I do it

Like wise with care. Can I bathe - yes - fact, if you ignore how I do it and who has to help me do it.
  • poppy12345 wrote: »
    Now who's opinion is warped?? You're moaning and having a go at those that claim disability premiums when you were claiming DLA BUT was giving it to your kids?? Something isn't quite right here or is it me just reading it wrong?

OK explain to me then why do people who claim a means tested benefit receive additional income because they are also in receipt of DLA/PIP? To me that is making two payments for the same disability.

I researched once that if a couple both get DLA they would also get another £100 or so extra for those disabilities.
  • NeilCr wrote: »
    I know

But Rockingbilly is pretty sure that he would get Enhanced Mobility so I'd have thought he would have a good chance!

But what about the road tax which is worth up to £500 a year?
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    But what about the road tax which is worth up to £500 a year?

But you don't need the money

You keep saying this.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    OK explain to me then why do people who claim a means tested benefit receive additional income because they are also in receipt of DLA/PIP? To me that is making two payments for the same disability.

I researched once that if a couple both get DLA they would also get another £100 or so extra for those disabilities.
    I use all of my extras to fund my disability including my PIP. As others do i'm sure. What did you use yours for, oh yes you didn't you gave it away to your kids because like you said "you didn't need the money" I rest my case....
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2017 at 5:38PM
    It is also ridiculous to keep blathering on about the ex prime ministers who claimed DLA. They were claiming for a child! Cameron's son required round the clock care and is now dead.

Why shouldn't the system be there to support children with disabilities, irrespective of their parents income.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure