2019 Wedding

Comments

• Wow that's amazing!
    Sorry to hear about your dress though! What a pain.
    My f.h will probablly wear his suit that he used to wear for his old job.
    I don't care what he wears to be honest. Long as I get to be his wife, officially!

We've found our perfect venue though I'm still looking around for anywhere cheaper or has menus we'll actually eat. We're very simple and I don't like fancy rubbish. Give me chicken nuggets or pizza and I'm happy lol !

I was looking to do the wedding ourselves instead of as a package but it turned out to be more expensive than the package!! We were gonna have to pay £1,000+ for bbq. No chance.

I'm stressing now about how to afford it,
    I need to put an extra £600 away as I used that money from my savings :eek
    (within reason though - not because I was careless or missed payments etc)

What can I plan without a set date or without being able to buy BIG things?
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • Hi Charley

As we are still without a date we are doing little bits and bobs here and there where we think of things.

We've bought artificial flowers and glass jars and playing with them to see what we come up with. If funds are tight you could save jam jars for similar table decorations, I have got some that I've saved for making jam, just going to repurpose them. We are going to decorate the jars so they all have a similar look using hessian and string.

Oh and playing with invitation websites to see what we like. Going to do some more of that tomorrow. On some of the websites you can order a sample of what you've created, so I think we are going to do that too.

We've talked about first dance song and other music for the ceremony, but we've not decide on any for the ceremony.

We've started making a list of songs we'd like playing at the disco, and decided we are also going to have karaoke, which I was surprised that H2B wanted.

We have a notebook and just write lots of stuff in it, including any bits that we buy and how much they cost, I need to have a play with a spreadsheet for that too.

Regarding the bbq, have you thought about a hog roast? We did look at that option for one of the venue's we looked at, not sure where you are or your numbers but I think that came in at about £600 for 50.

We are always looking on e bay for things and keep our eyes open on local selling pages too.

If I think of anything else I'll come back and let you know :)
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • thank you for your advice,
    we'll be getting a package wedding - it's what he wants.
    i've got tiny bits here and there but nothing significant

i have started to make our evening playlist too :)
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • Kirstie_tnl
    Kirstie_tnl Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2018 at 2:07AM
    We're planning ours for next year too, and photographer is definitely a BIG part! what's your budget on this? I think i'm not allowed to post links here yet, but i came through a service called Perfocal where they claim they provide professional photography plus editing at a really good price, anyone tried / heard of it?? Thanks!!
    Saving for Wedding 2018: £1980/£5000 :j
  • I found a photographer that would use it for her reportage for £250 but we are getting married at 3pm and it was literally going to be for a couple of hours. However my bil is an excellent photographer so he is taking pics now.
    Mtg Balance £147,000 : Savings £7,000 / £10,000

Getting married in October 2018 :beer:
  • Hi Kirstie - I've not heard of Perfocal.

I'm lucky enough to know someone at work who does photography as hobby, he has done a few weddings for other people at work and I've been able to look at the pictures of them too.

We are looking at £250 max depends on what we want, if it is just the ceremony it will be £100, we can let him know nearer the time exactly what we'd like, we are budgeting for the £250 for the time being.
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • Paying most of our wedding off this month because I've had a tax rebate which will cover everything off with the exception of his suit!

We weren't going to have rings but my very lovely dp had an unexpected bonus this month as well so he has treated me to a lovely ring. Feeling rather spoilt right now.
    Mtg Balance £147,000 : Savings £7,000 / £10,000

Getting married in October 2018 :beer:
  • Ah that's amazing Financialwizard :)

I've been able to move around a bit more today and I got my dress out to look at, and of course I put it on too!

A couple of things came from that!

1. It smells a bit odd, like it's been stored. I've got it hung in a duvet cover, where it's been since it arrived, I was hoping that the smell might have gone already. I'm not sure what to do next to make it smell better. Shall I regularly change the duvet cover, making sure I use plenty of nice smelling fabric conditioner? I don't want to fabreeze it. I could spray my favourite perfume on it, but worried about staining it.

2. It's still a bit tight, and I know I've only been eating healthier for a couple of weeks, but I think it's my shoulders. So I'm going to continue on the healthy eating plan, and try it again around August time, and see if that makes any difference and if not, I will be able to alter the dress. Currently it's got a scoop neckline if my shoulders are still in the way nearer the date of the wedding I will be able to alter it to a sweetheart neckline I think it's called, similar to a boob tube, by removing some tulle.

Catch you all soon :)
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • I've added some more money to my bank account to save for the wedding.
    I get paid next friday instead of the 7th of may *woot* so hopefully then I will have some more money to put away!

I got to send off 2 parcels tomorrow in return for some cash.
  • We're planning ours for next year too, and photographer is definitely a BIG part! what's your budget on this? I think i'm not allowed to post links here yet, but i came through a service called Perfocal where they claim they provide professional photography plus editing at a really good price, anyone tried / heard of it?? Thanks!!
    Hi Kirstie, are you in London too? :) :A A friend of mine used Perfocal for their baby's birthday before and got some great photos, so I think it's definitely worth checking out. I'm not sure if they charge the same for weddings but for their party which was roughly 2hrs, they only spend something like £150.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure