Top Cashback Sites Article Discussion

Comments

• deely
    deely Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Quidco Premium - does anyone know when the last bonus cash back was and when the next is likely as I don't seem to have seen any for a while? Thinking it was a mistake renewing my Premium member ship :(
  • tel_
    tel_ Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    philgee wrote: »
    Both also have occasional bonus offers (often around a bank holiday) and Quidco seem to have the better bonuses,.

I used the bonus special on TopCashback over the bank hol, but no bonus or cashback from the retailer has appeared yet. I think I'm right in saying that the T&C's said to give it a few days to appear, but so far nothing.

Any other people who purchased over the bank hol weekend not seeing purchases yet on the dashboard?
  • I saw in my local paper that Topcashback are offering new customers a refund of £10.00 for a purchase of petrol this weekend which wasn't featured in the latest newsletter. You need to sign-up to the site then purchase the petrol and upload a copy of the receipt for a refund of the £10.00
  • westy85
    westy85 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Been a member of TopCashback for past 5 years and have earned a total of £938 by just visiting before my normal online shopping. Easy money!
    Homeowner with 1st mortgage sine Dec 09
    Golf handicap: [STRIKE]28[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]27[/STRIKE] 26
  • I used Quidco Cashback site and saved almost £100. I chose to spend that money at Sainsbury's as they give you a further 2% top-up when you chose them. I went ahead, read the terms, and converted my savings. A few days later when the email came through with my Sainsbury's voucher, I immediately noticed it said "instore only". This is a problem for me as I only shop online because I'm disabled. The terms say the following:-
    *GC cannot be used on the following items:
    ........online delivery charges......"
    There is no mention of not being able to spend it online and the above quote implies that you can buy goods online, but just not the delivery charge.
    Apparently, this isn't true, which I find it very misleading. I also find it discriminatory because they are basically saying the only people that can use this voucher are able-bodied people.
    Both Quidco and Sainsbury's have both refused to help me, so basically I have lost almost £100! This is a lot of money to me as I obviously can't work. I'm shocked that nobody at either company has any compassion for my situation.
    Has anybody got any suggestions as to what I can do to get them to change their mind/bend the (very misleading) rules?
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 March 2020 at 5:37PM
    catpur999 said:
    I used Quidco Cashback site and saved almost £100. I chose to spend that money at Sainsbury's as they give you a further 2% top-up when you chose them. I went ahead, read the terms, and converted my savings. A few days later when the email came through with my Sainsbury's voucher, I immediately noticed it said "instore only". This is a problem for me as I only shop online because I'm disabled. The terms say the following:-
    *GC cannot be used on the following items:
    ........online delivery charges......"
    There is no mention of not being able to spend it online and the above quote implies that you can buy goods online, but just not the delivery charge.
    Apparently, this isn't true, which I find it very misleading. I also find it discriminatory because they are basically saying the only people that can use this voucher are able-bodied people.
    Both Quidco and Sainsbury's have both refused to help me, so basically I have lost almost £100! This is a lot of money to me as I obviously can't work. I'm shocked that nobody at either company has any compassion for my situation.
    Has anybody got any suggestions as to what I can do to get them to change their mind/bend the (very misleading) rules?
    I would suggest the best option for you is to sell it to a friend. You'll have to sell it for less than it's value, but better to get 70 or 80 quid than zero. (there are online sites that allow you to sell gift cards for a 10-15% loss but I can't recommend any as the only one I've ever used myself went bust losing lots of people money, so I am very weary of them)

As for being mislead or discrimination, I just looked and it clearly states the Sainsburys cards are instore only so, in the politest possible sense, you made a mistake. You weren't mislead.
  • Where did you see the information showing "instore only"? This is what I see and it doesn't show any of what you could see in terms of "instore only"?? I'm confused?!
  • JDPower
    It's on the website. My screenshot was from the desktop version, but also stated on the mobile version of the site:

• As of 14th April 2020 Topcashback no longer lets me log in (and yes, I know my password).    When I use the form to reset my password, it doesn't send me a link.   Is the site now dead or having technical difficulties?  I'll be a bit annoyed as I recently changed some utility and insurance providers and have £200+ tracked and was looking forward to the cashback but I suppose it's easy come, easy go if they've gone under.
  • JDPower
    As of 14th April 2020 Topcashback no longer lets me log in (and yes, I know my password).    When I use the form to reset my password, it doesn't send me a link.   Is the site now dead or having technical difficulties?  I'll be a bit annoyed as I recently changed some utility and insurance providers and have £200+ tracked and was looking forward to the cashback but I suppose it's easy come, easy go if they've gone under.
    Working fine here. maybe try again tomorrow and if still not working send them a message: https://www.topcashback.co.uk/help/i-cant-login-to-my-account
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback