Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ady347
    • By Ady347 10th Oct 19, 11:19 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ady347
    Molestation order questions
    • 10th Oct 19, 11:19 PM
    Molestation order questions 10th Oct 19 at 11:19 PM
    Hi,
    4 days of trying to ring CAB, searching the net, cant afford solicitor, thought I'd ask here.

To cut along story short.

3 weeks ago I decided to let the dust settle with my soon to be ex wife on trying to see my kids. Since the new bf came along she was cancelling my days to see them, not sticking to the agreed pickup and drop off times, the usual... I tried visiting her, calling her, texting her about seeing my boys and getting ignored..

1 week ago I get a court order delivered by hand, opened it thinking it was about the up and coming divorce to find it's a non molestation order against me for harrassment and I'm not aloud to contact her or go with 100m of her or her property.

I'm obviously obeying by this order even if I domt agree with it, quite frankly I'm tired of all this..

What I'm wondering is the following

I live in a small town, if I'm in a supermarket doing my shopping and I happen to bump into her am I supposed to ditch my shopping and leave?

If I walked into a pub and she is in their I would walk out, but what happens if she walks into my space?

She lives in a cul de sac on a main trunk route that goes through her village. I have no choice but you use this route occasionally. I know I'm likely to see her walking to and from school runs so purposely avoid at those times but what happens if I'm driving through and theirs a chance encounter?

I cant find anything on the internet that goes into details about these orders.
Page 2
    • BAFE
    • By BAFE 22nd Oct 19, 7:27 PM
    • 195 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    BAFE
    Glatter your information is factual and helpful and I hope the OP reads it and takes on board what you've said. Ignore Comms69 (I do) - he's a last word freak and has a MASSIVE chip on his shoulder about women.
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 23rd Oct 19, 9:33 AM
    • 10,366 Posts
    • 12,541 Thanks
    Comms69
    Glatter your information is factual and helpful and I hope the OP reads it and takes on board what you've said. Ignore Comms69 (I do) - he's a last word freak and has a MASSIVE chip on his shoulder about women.
    Originally posted by BAFE

it's fundamentally incorrect in the first instance, as the order was served ex parte.

No chip on my shoulder about women... I have a mum, a sister and am straight... so that would be pretty stupid.

But instead of making baseless accusations why don't YOU provide some detail on what bit I was wrong on? Or do you not have a clue on this topic?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,780Posts Today

7,825Users online

Martin's Twitter