Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soblivion
    • By soblivion 22nd Aug 08, 1:29 PM
    • 1,121Posts
    • 4,566Thanks
    soblivion
    Fantastic tradition for little ones
    • 22nd Aug 08, 1:29 PM
    Fantastic tradition for little ones 22nd Aug 08 at 1:29 PM
    I thought this was so brilliant, http://organizedchristmas.com/magic-elf-holiday-tradition I don't have anyone to do it for but thought you'd like to see anyway.
    For the life of me I can't seem to find any elves online except the American link on here to buy - such a shame. Maybe the crafties amongst you could make one.
    You could box it all up and give as a gift in October or November for relations with little ones too with a note for parents explaining the idea.
    Such a shame I can't find any bloomin elves.:rolleyes: (maybe they're all helping santa)
    I've seen parents make little boots and scarves etc. while the elf is visiting to give them as a gift and taking the elf on days out. Quite magical for children I thought.
    All the printables are on the link too.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Wendy; 18-11-2008 at 6:50 PM.
Page 3
    • molly_mandy
    • By molly_mandy 23rd Nov 08, 1:18 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 194 Thanks
    molly_mandy
    I think these little elves are rather cute :

http://www.bonniedogs.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=83_125&products_id=415&osCs id=238dca405380cb8766c97f1806bb8bbf

Quite a few on other pet toy sites too.
    • Bangerchick
    • By Bangerchick 23rd Nov 08, 2:02 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Bangerchick
    What a fab idea!!

I am going to print the stuff and then when christmas eve comes we have to nip out so the elf will visit then and leave new p's and slippers

I am also going to see if my 2 and half year old will give up her bottles so I am going to ask her to leave them out for the elf and he will then leave her some new beakers in their place along with a thank you note
    • Dolly Mixture
    • By Dolly Mixture 23rd Nov 08, 2:26 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    Dolly Mixture
    I read this thread and thought what a lovely idea but I'll never find a suitable elf. The next day I found a small white snowman type soft toy with a little hat and scarf on for 89p in a charity shop. I think he will do nicely! He will arrive next weekend and bring the advent calendars. He is going to check up on room tidying, homework and reading and he might do some naughty things too! I have printed off the letters etc from the organised christmas website but does anyone know where I could get a nice Christmas background so I could do my own letter and make it more personal?

Thanks in advance.

Dolly
  • catwoman
    This would freak my 6 year old Daughter out! She wouldn't like an elf living with us, as it is we have to write santa a note on christmas eve to tell him not to go into her room and please leave any presents downstairs!
  • rosieben
    ... does anyone know where I could get a nice Christmas background so I could do my own letter and make it more personal?
    Originally posted by Dolly Mixture
    I have discs full of Christmas background papers that were free off the net, if you pm me with what sort of thing you want I'll try to find some for you. Other option is to search for 'free digital scrap booking Christmas papers' or something like that. There's loads of freebies to be found on the web

There are loads of free stationery sites too, I'll be back with a link shortly -

Here you go http://www.familyshoppingbag.com/christmas_printables.htm scroll down to Stationery and Lists, there are 2 really pretty ones there

or http://www.theholidayspot.com/christmas/stationary/

Last edited by rosieben; 23-11-2008 at 5:03 PM.
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string!

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
    • yummy-mummy-amy
    • By yummy-mummy-amy 24th Nov 08, 5:06 PM
    • 1,066 Posts
    • 2,105 Thanks
    yummy-mummy-amy
    i have found the most adorable elf on amazon, BUT its from america and they cant get it to me b4 17th dec!!!! :O
    • yummy-mummy-amy
    • By yummy-mummy-amy 25th Nov 08, 8:51 AM
    • 1,066 Posts
    • 2,105 Thanks
    yummy-mummy-amy
    i have found an "elf" (well dwarf). it is 1 of snow whites dwarfs, but i have got some bells and ribbon and i am going to add these to him to make him a bit more xmasy! including PP it was 4.50.
    • yummy-mummy-amy
    • By yummy-mummy-amy 25th Nov 08, 12:53 PM
    • 1,066 Posts
    • 2,105 Thanks
    yummy-mummy-amy
    where do you find the names of elfs? is it just a name that comes to you or can you find elf names online?
  • Hush-Puppy
    Elvish name generators here and here.
    XX
    "...Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
    but that we are powerful beyond measure".

- Nelson Mandela.
  • 3_cheeky_princesses
    Hi all

I have been looking for some cute little elfs to give my children as a parting present on xmas eve from Santas Elf.

I found some really nice hand knitted ones on EBay, the lady does all sorts, Father Xmas, Angels, Snowmen, Elfs etc... as well as non christmas items.

Ianyone is interested for their children her user name is mostynman. I asked her to make me 4 elfs approx 5 inches high (one each for my children) and inc psotage is making all 4 for 5.50!

I have no connection at all with the EBayer (found her today whilst looking for some elfs) just wanted to share my good find as i am really pleased.

For those who are still looking for a Elf she may be able to do you a large size one if you dont mind it knitted.
    Member of Thrifty Gifty ~ Making money for Christmas 2010:
    2 Savers club member no 40 ~ 54
    Amazon Vouchers BingoPort ~ 10
    Dooyoo Challenge Jan ~ 24.07 / 20.00 Yippee over target
  • Hush-Puppy
    Dolly, here are some links to free digital scrapbooking kits with lovely 'papers' (backgrounds).

Here

Here

Here

Here

I hope some of those appeal!

XX
    "...Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
    but that we are powerful beyond measure".

- Nelson Mandela.
    • yummy-mummy-amy
    • By yummy-mummy-amy 26th Nov 08, 10:18 AM
    • 1,066 Posts
    • 2,105 Thanks
    yummy-mummy-amy
    thanks for name links. the magical elf site (one that you can buy them from) has got is elf stories of mischief up and working again
  • growingafamily
    Our elf arrived in the post today !!!
    I am now decorating a sweet tin to make it look like a little postbox, making an elf passport and sleeping bag, and a letter and DVD from to introduce the elf !!
    I'm so excited, it's like being a kid at Christmas all over again
    • Jammygal
    • By Jammygal 27th Nov 08, 2:25 PM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 2,162 Thanks
    Jammygal
    When are all your elves going to appear????
  • growingafamily
    We are making the DVD and letter from Santa over the weekend and they will arrive on Monday with the advent calendars !!
    I can't wait !!
    • Jammygal
    • By Jammygal 27th Nov 08, 2:44 PM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 2,162 Thanks
    Jammygal
    How are you going to do the dvd???
  • growingafamily
    We have a facility for making video's on our digital camera (it will record for as long as there is enough memory. we have a 2GB card so will be plenty.
    I'll then just burn it onto a DVD using the PC.
    It won't be up there with Spielberg but our son will think it's brilliant !!
    • yummy-mummy-amy
    • By yummy-mummy-amy 27th Nov 08, 7:24 PM
    • 1,066 Posts
    • 2,105 Thanks
    yummy-mummy-amy
    so what are you putting on the dvd? where are you filming it? if i was to do this i would have to goto a local park etc as my kids would recognise anywhere in my house.

my "dwarf" arrived today, although it had shop tags on it it smelt of smoke, so it has been chucked in washing machine. i will add his bells n bits once dry. his passport is made, as are the elf reports and the letter from santa. i have made an elf journal for me to write in and add pics to etc. i have also made a bag of "magic elf snow" (hole punched paper and polystyrene bean bag balls, sealed in a plastic bag). that the kids need to include in his sleeping bag every night to remind him of home! it means that i donthave to pick all the balls bits of paper up daily from floor. the elf rules are done as well.
  • 3_cheeky_princesses
    so what are you putting on the dvd? where are you filming it? if i was to do this i would have to goto a local park etc as my kids would recognise anywhere in my house.

my "dwarf" arrived today, although it had shop tags on it it smelt of smoke, so it has been chucked in washing machine. i will add his bells n bits once dry. his passport is made, as are the elf reports and the letter from santa. i have made an elf journal for me to write in and add pics to etc. i have also made a bag of "magic elf snow" (hole punched paper and polystyrene bean bag balls, sealed in a plastic bag). that the kids need to include in his sleeping bag every night to remind him of home! it means that i donthave to pick all the balls bits of paper up daily from floor. the elf rules are done as well.
    Originally posted by yummy-mummy-amy
    What did you make a sleeping bag with. Love the idea of the elf snow. Might borrow that if that is ok.

Our Elf is arriving on Monday (1st Dec) that is if he arrives from America in time (i really hope he gets here tom or sat i did pay for piority postage!) :rolleyes:

I have printed letter from santa, elf passport and elf reports.

What kind of reports have you all printed out to report back to Father Christmas. Also what are you writing in your letters back to father christmas??

Does anyone know where i can find a coat for our elf so he can walk to school etc with us. He measures 16 inches from top to toe:

Cheers

Member of Thrifty Gifty ~ Making money for Christmas 2010:
    2 Savers club member no 40 ~ 54
    Amazon Vouchers BingoPort ~ 10
    Dooyoo Challenge Jan ~ 24.07 / 20.00 Yippee over target
    • Jammygal
    • By Jammygal 27th Nov 08, 9:11 PM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 2,162 Thanks
    Jammygal
    [quote=yummy-mummy-amy;16248147]so what are you putting on the dvd? where are you filming it? if i was to do this i would have to goto a local park etc as my kids would recognise anywhere in my house.

quote]

That's what I am intrigued by as well
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,214Posts Today

7,709Users online

Martin's Twitter