MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade

Comments

• Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    After a hiccup yesterday when I could not pay my CCard, today it worked perfectly. Paid my card, could not print that page, but printed a mini statement with details of the payment. Think that's the way to go until this is resolved: if you get access, print details of statements, payments, etc., asap.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    kidmugsy wrote: »
    Yeah, and Donald J Trump. And the Queen, the Pope, the Freemasons, the Illuminati, and Brexit. Plus the North Koreans and the inscrutable Chinese. And President Assad, who is clearly a very bad lot since his name begins !!!.. And the Rothschilds: how can we forget them in a list of the favourite villains of the nutter community?

Nice list of "told what to do by The Man"

I'm afraid you missed off everyone's favourite bare-shirted horse-riding spy-murdering comrade.
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    kidmugsy wrote: »
    Yeah, and Donald J Trump. And the Queen, the Pope, the Freemasons, the Illuminati, and Brexit. Plus the North Koreans and the inscrutable Chinese. And President Assad, who is clearly a very bad lot since his name begins !!!.. And the Rothschilds: how can we forget them in a list of the favourite villains of the nutter community?

I suspect Labour voters will blame the Jews for not being able to access their benefits innit.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Those who complain effectively will be paid compensation for lost time, loss of access to money, inconvenience, stress etc..

Those who don't complain, or complain ineffectively, won't. That's just life and the way these things work. :)

Totally agree. Will be nice and easy for me
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 May 2018 at 5:08PM
    robatwork wrote: »
    Nice list of "told what to do by The Man"

I'm afraid you missed off everyone's favourite bare-shirted horse-riding spy-murdering comrade.

Ah, Mr Puftin. He wrassles bears, you know. Or does he saddle 'em up and ride them? Anyway, I think he's covered by the original "I suppose the next step will be TSB blaming the Russians."

Giggle tells me that the Spanish for "fiasco" is "fiasco".
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I suspect Labour voters will blame the Jews for not being able to access their benefits innit.

It's always hard to know whether people ranting about bankers mean bankers or zeese chewish bankers.

I have fond memories of the Savings Bank I used for all my schoolboy earnings. It perished decades ago; the last surviving Savings Bank closed last year.
    https://airdriesavingsbank.com
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • Caddyman
    Caddyman Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I honestly couldn't think of a single reason why anyone would stick with TSB after this fiasco? Surely not through some misguided loyalty? I had no such qualms, I've waved adios to this sinking enviar.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    So give me a single reason to leave. Not an imagined fault, gathered from second-hand experience. An example of what loss the TSB has caused you.

If, that is, you actually bank with TSB.

I don't jump ship that easily and I am waiting for the system to stabilise so that I can receive 5% on my classic account again. As a point of fact, I can login now and do almost everything I need to do.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Caddyman
    Caddyman Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Robisere wrote: »
    So give me a single reason to leave. Not an imagined fault, gathered from second-hand experience. An example of what loss the TSB has caused you.

If, that is, you actually bank with TSB.

I don't jump ship that easily and I am waiting for the system to stabilise so that I can receive 5% on my classic account again. As a point of fact, I can login now and do almost everything I need to do.

You're right, I'm no longer a customer because I've switched. I haven't personally suffered any loss. There's no imagined fault from me if you count the times I was unable to access my banking app on my phone, which caused some irritation and mild inconvenience. I only joined TSB because they gave me £130 to join them in the first place. I've had a little bit of interest thrown in and a fiver a month for two direct debits. I no longer had any reason to stay. CASS makes things very easy to switch so I'm with another bank.

I do jump ship quickly when things go wrong, that's just the way I am wired. I want to bank with a bank that is reliable and can manage an IT platform change without issues. That may sound completely unreasonable, but that's the way I feel personally and I'm not asking you or anyone else to agree with me. ;)

I wish you well with your increased interest to 5 percent, but remember, that doesn't mean everything to some of us.
  • Ashen
    Ashen Posts: 592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Caddyman wrote: »
    I do jump ship quickly when things go wrong, that's just the way I am wired. I want to bank with a bank that is reliable and can manage an IT platform change without issues. That may sound completely unreasonable, but that's the way I feel personally and I'm not asking you or anyone else to agree with me. ;)

I wish you well with your increased interest to 5 percent, but remember, that doesn't mean everything to some of us.

Right, but that's quite different from the previous question you posed - emphasis mine. Out of interest, how do you know that your new bank would manage an IT platform change without issues? At least TSB can learn from their errors and experience from all this.
    Caddyman wrote: »
    I honestly couldn't think of a single reason why anyone would stick with TSB after this fiasco? Surely not through some misguided loyalty? I had no such qualms, I've waved adios to this sinking enviar.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure